Murrrat ...a few shop notes...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Murrrat 7/30 deadline shmedline almost done!

Despite the swamp heat, the Murrrat is nearing completion! Tires & tubes on, rear one held air for a whole five mintues :roll: .. Rack's painted, with jaunty stripe! Still in the paint "shop", chainguard, and, I painted ivory accents on the tank, shown here in taped on mock up mode! I have a conduit clamp for the top, and mini zip ties for the back. Still m.i.a: bolt for the springer truss, I took it off to wire wheel the thing. I searched around for a seat, and my eye caught the brown mesinger, so I stuck it on there! I feel confident this will be roadworthy and posted finished before the deadline!! :mrgreen: ~Adam
SUNP0001-2.jpg
SUNP0003-4.jpg
SUNP0002-3.jpg
SUNP0004-3.jpg

I meant to add these to the finished post, whoops! Some may wonder how I mounted the Schwinn guard on there. Well, I got some "L" corner brackets from Lowe's, and bolted one to the guard, and used a self tapping screw to attach it to the BB. At the rear, I used a funky small strap that must have come off the Feida! But a regular coaster brake strap would've worked. The mid rise apes are from a crusty Ross Barracuda, I was amazed how well they cleaned up! And I still haven't found the springer bolt, so I stuck a fence bolt in there! :lol: ~Adam

Latest posts

Back