Muscle bike build off 01. Voting results.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your favorite Muscle bikes!

• I vote for KRANDALL and his LIONESS build.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I vote for BigFatCat and his MORTICIAN build.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I vote for Glen and his CHOPSTER build.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I vote for LukeTheJoker and his 50YEARS build.

Votes: 40 81.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Anything Goes Muscle Bike Build Off ***VOTING BOOTH***

I see I am in good company by voting for Luke's 8) cool, groovy, awesome, super gnarly, totally rad, sweeeet, and full circle back to cool 8) bike. Glen, Glen, Glen. You need way more chrome to beat that kind of work :p , but I voted for you anyway. :mrgreen:

deorman said:
8) cool, groovy, awesome, super gnarly, totally rad, sweeeet, and full circle back to cool 8) bike.
I think he likes it! :mrgreen:

Thanks Deorman! :wink:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Wow talk about bursting my bubble! I actually thought you made the handle yourself! :oops:

Luke.

Nah, I get all my best work from salad bowls. :lol:

deorman said:
I see I am in good company by voting for Luke's 8) cool, groovy, awesome, super gnarly, totally rad, sweeeet, and full circle back to cool 8) bike. Glen, Glen, Glen. You need way more chrome to beat that kind of work :p , but I voted for you anyway. :mrgreen:

Ha! I don't think it would matter how much chrome there is... nothing can beat Luke's bike. Thanks for the vote :D

HELLO ALL :D I recommend we just call it as it shows, we all had a blast building and showing them to ourselves and all the RRB followers. Besides Glen deserves this for way more than his awsome build. Just my thoughs :roll: Have a geat day everyone!

KRANDALL said:
HELLO ALL :D I recommend we just call it as it shows, we all had a blast building and showing them to ourselves and all the RRB followers. Besides Glen deserves this for way more than his awsome build. Just my thoughs :roll: Have a geat day everyone!

:oops: I think you mean Luke deserves this for way more than his awsome build... he is the one that has done all the work with starting the threads as well as build a excellent bike that does deserve the win.

Re: Muscle bike build off **VOTING BOOTH** 1 day left to vote!

A reminder of your choices!

LukeTheJoker said:
This is your chance to vote for your favorite 2 bikes out of the 4 bikes built in the last 6 weeks! That's right! You get 2 votes!

At Number 1 we have Randys "Krandall" build, THE LIONESS! The frame was built from scratch using mainly found pieces, that amazing seat was found while out scrapping! Lots of little features on the bike will keep you looking for a long time. Looks like a very comfortable cruiser! Randy takes the win for the most **Bling!**
dscn0252_zpsa02fc8bf.jpg

dscn0234_zps91021699.jpg

dscn0245_zpsc81db647.jpg

dscn0256_zps9e55636a.jpg

dscn0235_zps84709105.jpg

2013-02-06080115_zps202fcdeb.jpg

At number 2 we have Terrys "BigFatCat" build THE MORTICIAN! The frame started life as a ladies Higgins, the amazing metal flake paint was done with spray glitter followed by red lense paint, the seat started life as a skate board deck and I am pretty sure he is the winner for tallest ape hangers and sissy bar! Also check out that amazing shifter handle in the last picture!
ebe40d47a1ad62e44c151ca072a084f0.jpg

48780dd4cf6cc9081cba62023ee2c7cf.jpg

2e56c451d283b9a155e8c0fd7e523a0e.jpg

At number 3 we have Glens "Glen" "CHOPSTER" Glen joined the build off when it only had 2 weeks to go, and he came up with a very impressive ride in a very short time! It started life as a mountain bike, the twin top tubes were the handle on a push mower originally, the rear wheel is a wide double rim build and the front brake is a cable/chain actuated coaster! Apparently the bike is a real rocket ship because he was able to keep the full gearset, fair to say, it is probably the fastest bike here... Fastest bike winner!
Me2.jpg

DSC_9960.jpg

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9967.jpg

DSC_9971.jpg

DSC_9976.jpg

Glen also provided a video to show what it is like to ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCV3Dx_Tuo

At number 4 we have Lukes "LukeTheJoker" "50 years of Muscle bikes Tribute bike" The frame and rear wheel and hub were scratch built, it runs dual chain drive and dual disc brakes on the rear wheel. The handle bars are double clamped to eliminate flex. Styling features come from a few different muscle bikes and the penguin logo is reference the first production muscle bike released 50 years ago this month. Easily the heaviest bike winner!
8542002898_c0839b8153_c.jpg

8542005250_7df475251f_c.jpg

8540899713_69a96eceea_c.jpg

8542009810_0bcbabdbae_c.jpg

8542011660_2c7403ffb3_c.jpg

There are also 2 riding videos: Video 1: http://youtu.be/fp0LsSKcDaQ Video 2: http://youtu.be/5K0xWtsJHDs

If you want any more information or photos of the bikes check out the finished bikes thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=70025&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
And the build thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=68143&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

This was a very fun build off, and I am sure all the builders would agree that everyone wins because they have an amazing bike to ride! That is a good thing, because there are no prizes in this build off!

I should also mention the great work by those who were unable to finish for whatever reason, there are some bikes in the build thread that are beyond belief!

Re: Muscle bike build off **VOTING BOOTH** Voting over.

Congrats Luke!
But also congrats to the whole gang in this build off.
Very entertaining and te results are superb!
THANK YOU ALL!!
Jobs well done!!

Re: Muscle bike build off **VOTING BOOTH** Voting over.

Congratulations Luke, and thanks for all the effort you put in with doing the threads regarding this build off.

Also, thank you to all those that voted for my entry... not only my first build off bike, but my first build up on this site. I really appreciate all the good comments and would love to do another build up, but finances are short and I might not be able to... but the upcoming big build off might just be too tempting 8)

Latest posts

Back