Muscle Bike Race Challenge, 2016

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Merry Christmas all!

Ok, so you thought you would hear the end of the Muscle Bike Sparkly or Rusty talk. It ends Dec1 Now and everyone has had a month to test and tune their new muscle bikes, some like us have crashed and rebuilt at least twice since the end!

Well, I am calling all of you'all on!

ALL YOU MISCLE BIKE FIENDS AND RATTERS. I challenge you, with your muscle bike, to a virtual race.

Rules are simple
1, Be safe, no wrecks, and wear your safety equipment to protect yourself.
2, Race an MBBO qualified bike, built or bought, simple qualifications, pick two or more., banana, apes, different sized tires.
3. Between December 25 and January 1, 5pm pacific time.
Post bike picture
With name of bike,
vintage of build or type of bike.
And a screenshot or picture of timeslip in quarter mile.

Motorized, if any are their own class!

I use ulyss speedometer on my phone.

I should have a timeslip to pos sometime today.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

READY!!!!

SET!!!!!!!!

GO!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to be a part of this but I have no way to time myself. :(

Most ways Ive seen involve

two people, one with a stopwatch,

or

one person, a cell phone with gps on it if by yourself. (Usually my case) the one I use starts timing the split second I move, so it incudes reaction time.

Well, I don't own a cellphone (I want less ways for people to bother me, not more) but I did just download a speedometer app from Amazon for my Fire tablet. I'll check it out and see if it's suitable for the race.

33 MPH? And on flat ground! We have a winner!:113:
Thats pedaling my tail off, and max speed. Or the fastest i can ride this bike. I am sure someone on here is faster than me!

I Found a 4th gear start, stand and pedal the 5th thru 10th for the first 100 yards and just keep on it , no sitting . Panting profusely was I neared 30. I didnt visibly see it go above 31. Then, Lie down on the ground after the quarter screenshot too keep consciousness .. there is no way i could continue that pace for even 50 more yards..

I have to think that people driving by thought I was a crazy man, laying on a north vegas sidewalk isnt normal up here like it can be downtown... hehe.

Latest posts

Back