My '51 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this one (sort of). I plan on posting a build thread for anyone interested a little later.
100_0437.jpg

Cool bike & cool pic also! I'd like to see how you did your truss rods! 8)

When I saw this pic I remember that I have thought of doing a copper build using copper colored paint. Then I thought, how could I make it have an aged look... then I realized that it would tarnish or corrode. then I realized the bottom half of your bike is a corrosion colored paint haha. Is that what you were going for? :mrgreen:

I struggled for quite a while with the details on this build :? . The truss rods were one of those details, but am very pleased with the way they turned out. The paint theme is the aged look I was going for, you can also pick it up on the rear end of the bike with the back wheel and fender being a little more rusty and patina'd then the front half. I am showing it tomorrow in a bike show tomorrow so wish me luck :p

nice bike!

If I might ask, what size/make tires are these?

thanks.

C5rider said:
nice bike!

thanks.

Those are Bell Streamliners 26x2.25 I picked 'em up at walmart on clearance.

I got best in class yesterday at the bike show with this one and two others! woo hoo :D

Bell Streamliners 26x2.25

hardcore73 said:
C5rider said:
nice bike!

thanks.

Those are Bell Streamliners 26x2.25 I picked 'em up at walmart on clearance.

I got best in class yesterday at the bike show with this one and two others! woo hoo :D
I have to say those tires fit the build really well. I don't think another tire would look as good as these.

:D Thanks for the compliments on the bike guys. Alot of thought has gone into this build for the flow to happen. It also is my favorite build yet. Right now I have two other projects goin' a spaceliner chopper and a spaceliner refurb for my wife, gonna make it all gurly :wink:

Latest posts

Back