My Collection Past And Present

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing inventory on what bikes I have. I've got them scattered around so I can't always recall what I have. I thought I'd post them all here in one thread. Don't think I've posted them all in one place before. I'll go in chronological order best I can recall. Unless otherwise noted I still have the bike.

One of if not the first bike I customized. It was a new (at the time) Huffy I got at Kmart or Target. This was probably around 2003 not for sure. It was inspired by Coopers Customs. Had it powder coated white and added aftermarket parts. After a couple years I gave this to my now Ex Brother-In-Law.
1.jpg

Target Schwinn I chopped and had powder coated
schwinn_panther.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Another Target Schwinn powder coated and new parts for the wife.
lounge_lizard.jpg

Western Flyer I later gave to a neighbor lady.
western_flyer.jpg

western_flyer1.jpg

69 Hollywood garage sale find.
69schwinn_hollywood4.jpg

Tallbike a friend and I built
tall_bike3.jpg

Borrowed friends welder and built the "Stretched Limo". After several years I junked it.
1.jpg

Chopper. After a couple years I sold it.
chopper3.jpg

I think this was the first old bike we ever come across. A few years later the frame busted when 2 grown men were riding it side by side at the Pub Pedal.
firestone_before.jpg

firestone_custom1.jpg

At some point I bought my own welder and built this tandem. After a few years I junked it
tandem1.jpg

Schwinn Racer I eventually sold
P0003955.jpg

Ordered this Roadster knock-off on the internet and built it up
P0004377.jpg

Western Flyer tandem a friend found for us. Had it powder coated and some new parts
P0004111.jpg

Neighbor kid and I built him this chopper
P0004136.JPG

Before I'd even heard of Klunkers. Chopped and spray painted this. Later gave it to a friend of a neighbor kid
schwinnmaybe1.jpg

chopped_green1.jpg

Stingray found at a garage sale
stingray2.jpg

Received this Sun trike when my uncle passed away. Redid it. After several years, sold it to an old lady
trike1.jpg

trike2.jpg

Army bike. Sold it after several years. I hear it still gets spotted around town.
before.jpg

100_1380.jpg

John Deere themed Schwinn Tornado. Bought bike on E-bay. powder coated frame and wheels. Nirve John Deere seat.
schwinn_tornado_before.jpg

john_deere3.jpg

Another one neighbor kid and I built for him
P0004374.jpg

Ratrod Schwinn
schwinn_1953_before.jpg

1.jpg

1980 Schwinn Heavy-Duti I picked up at a garage sale. Powder coated frame and wheels. 3 speed. We built this bike for my Father-in-law who became ill while we were building it. He passed away shortly after receiving it and was only able to ride it a couple of times.
4.JPG

1.jpg

First swing bike I built
schwing5.jpg

Chopped up several bikes to make this. After a few years I trashed it.
P0004701.jpg

Wife's custom Hollywood. Powder coated, new parts.
62schwinn_hollywood_orig.jpg

basket_liner1.jpg

Second swing bike I built. Eventually gave it to a neighbor kid. Don't think it ever got painted.
swing_bike2-2.jpg

Bike of Frankenstein a chopped Murray.
frankenbike3.jpg

IMG_8436.JPG

JC Penney's Foremost. Gave this one to ratfink1962
P0005490.jpg

Huffy. "Number 14". Welded in tank plate. Spray painted. 24x3 wheels.
huffy_byke_orig.jpg

1.jpg

Re did this Dyno for Nephew. He later gave it back and I gave it to a friends kid. Poder coated frame and fork.
4.jpg

1.jpg

Found this Alanex at the dump
alenax.jpg

Stingray. "Bronco Bike" Built the eccentric wheels.
eccentric2.jpg

Western Flyer - Strato Flyer picked up at garage sale
IMG_0156.JPG

A friend gave my wife this Western Flyer. She rode it for a few years but not her favorite. "Too heavy". We eventually gave it back to him to save space.
05-18-08.jpg

Kustom Monark. Daughter and I built t his for her. When she moved to Alaska I sold it. She's since moved back and like "why'd you sell my bike?" :roll:
before.jpg

pic017.jpg

Bought the Cat In The Hat on Overstock.com
2.jpg

Western Flyer got at garage sale
1.jpg

Pixie I built for one of my Grand-sons. When he ought grew it we gave it to my Sister-in-law's Grand-son
2.jpg

For a few years at Christmas I'd transform the John Deere bike into the Christmas Cruiser
05.jpg

BSA tandem Later sold to Udallcustombikes
pic001.jpg

IMG_1642.JPG

Eventually sold this frame to Garagegoon
pic007.jpg

Specialized Crossroads Cruz. My wife found and gave me this for my birthday. It's my trail bike.
DSCF1126.JPG

Monark got the frame at a swap.
IMG_3329.JPG

IMG_9206.JPG

Latest Christmas Cruiser built off a new Huffy.
DSCF1612.JPG

Grand-kids tandem originally built by a friend for his kids
DSCF3234.JPG

Grand-daughters 20" Hollywood we got from 65rat
DSCF3769.JPG

Latest posts

Back