My find for the day by a dumpster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a lead about a rear bike rack like I was looking for one of my projects, was in a town 45 miles away at a Antique Store, so with no phone # I took the chance they would be open today, if not a great fathers day drive to the near by Salt Flats. Well luck was on my side and they were open, bad luck they knew they had not sold it yet but could not find it and the guy in front of me just bought 3 old bikes from them. Then the owner asked if I seen the Muscle bike and the other guy must of over looked it, and sure enough on the other side of the trash dumpster was this Cyclone III. Was also able to pick up the chain guard, skip tooth sprocket and Muscle bike sprocket.

WOW - Killer dumpster finds !

I've never in my years of bike building seen anything that cool as a freebie, CONGRATS . :)

Sweet score great save.. :wink:

enough about the bike... I want the garbage can. :) Seriously though.... nice pick!

Well got her broke down, sand blasted, now to have some welding repairs made, clean up all the parts and then repaint. Also start looking for some new parts for the build.

good start . are you going to 'restore' or go cutom / restomod / rat ?

will be watching this one I have a bare frame and guard I got from a guy last year for like 5 bucks, been thinking muscle-rat but have a milllion other projects going.

Going to pretty much restore with as many period add on's that I can find, I painted it the other day a golden yellow metallic, like it had originally, found a little paint left under the front badge. Will post photos soon. Also painted a extra set of forks from a 26", thought I might swap them out at times giving it a more chopper look.

second one looks nice. Good find. still watching for progress, need motivation for mine :)

That's a classy skip-tooth sprocket you got there ! I can't believe people throw this stuff away !

Sold the second one to a friend as soon as I bought it today and just ran into him a hour ago and he already has it torn down and painted Metallic Purple with cool Ideas in store for it.

As for mine I'm waiting for one more can of paint to get here, so I can put a last coat of paint and then clear it in. Can't wait to get it put back together and really need to find a silver ribbed banana seat.

Bikes painted and clear coated as of today, I'll start reproducing some of the decals for it and put what I can back together as parts show up, a few came in today, still need to find that right Banana Seat. Post pictures soon.

Latest posts

Back