my first headache Schwinn resto build..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, it looks too 'high end' to be running all black tires. Get some brick tread whitewalls. Are the rims going to be white too?

I've always liked the look of white rims with whitewalls, makes them look even wider.

Again, great build.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Agreed, it looks too 'high end' to be running all black tires. Get some brick tread whitewalls. Are the rims going to be white too?

I've always liked the look of white rims with whitewalls, makes them look even wider.

Again, great build.

Cheers,
Dr. T

If only i could lay my hands on those thick bricks. :( there's none available here in our area.. maybe soon i'll shipped some from the States..

my first option was to paint the rims white, then have stripes beside the knurls. but i wanna see first the look of it unpainted. maybe when i get those thick bricks i'll consider your suggestion Doc. thanks a lot! :D

Wow Bon that´s awesome!! I think I´ll be taking my paint projects to you :D
I´m with Doc on this one, white rims and white walls, that will highlight the paint job I think.

Having the same problem with those thick bricks here too, shipping them to my location is over a hundred bucks!! :shock: :cry:
So only hope is catching someone going to the States or coming this way from the States... willing to bring me a pair...

Gdcast said:
Wow Bon that´s awesome!! I think I´ll be taking my paint projects to you :D
I´m with Doc on this one, white rims and white walls, that will highlight the paint job I think.

Having the same problem with those thick bricks here too, shipping them to my location is over a hundred bucks!! :shock: :cry:
So only hope is catching someone going to the States or coming this way from the States... willing to bring me a pair...

Sure man! bring them here! :D

i will definitely consider painting them, i just have to replace the front wheel though, it has rust issues inside. :(

That is really a nice looking bike you have going...really nice!

raggedjim said:
Bon, you are doing a great job on that bike! Painting is tough for me too, I get in a rush and end up with fingerprints and bugs everywhere!

Great bike and great work! Rg

hey jim, you're right man! lots a finger prints and bugs. :D i'll share to you guys a little secret.. i was in such a rush that i forgot the color of the tank. white is blue and blue is white. the front portion is white and the rear portion is blue. when i called Cherryboxx, he asked me, "how's your tank?", i replied " its finished and in perfect painted condition". then he asked, "whats the color? is it blue upfront and white at the rear?", i was shocked, stopped for so many seconds, not saying anything, then it sunk in, it was the other way around! darn! i had to redo the tank all the way. i forgot to take pictures of it though.. :lol: i learned the first basic rule in painting.. NEVER RUSH! TAKE YOUR TIME!

Nevertheless, thanks jim. :D

Latest posts

Back