My Hawthorne for the build off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I have gave this A LOT of thought cause I really didn't want to do anything to my Hawthorne but what the heck. I am going to enter this as my piece to be done in Ol' Skool form and function. Troy
Bobscamera004.jpg
[/img]
Bobscamera006.jpg
[/img]

Well just to give everyone an update on my progress. I have got a lot done on my Hawthorne, went to a swap meet on Feb. 3rd and bought some stuff. I bought a new fork, crank, sprocket, and seat. I do not have a digital camera so that SUCKS. I am only going to have the finished paint pics of my parts not the nasty pics like most. Well hopefully I can get one of my friends to take some photos for me this weekend. Thanks Troy

Got A LOT of stuff done on my Hawthorne this week. It's pretty much 80% done have the wheels to do yet (paint, prep and lace).
26. 2.125 WW rear tire
Bikertroy019.jpg

26 1.75 WW front tire
Bikertroy018.jpg

Seat I bought at the Swap meet $15 with some new paint. Left some rust for good luck.
Bikertroy014.jpg

Bikertroy015.jpg

Swap meet truss rod fork $10 from something? New paint pretty rough when I got it.
Bikertroy012.jpg

Bikertroy011.jpg

Swap meet crank, bottom bracket and sprocket $5. Of course new paint.
Bikertroy009.jpg

Now the tank halves beat some dents out, sanded with 80 grit. Primered and painted Rustoleum Gold rush metalic, and Rustoleum gloss white with some Dupli-Color Clear Coat. Made some stincles for the scallops I wanted and taped them off and shot them. I am going to pinstripe in Black 1 Shot around the spallops. It's Glossy So I hope thats not problem.
Bikertroy008.jpg

Bikertroy007.jpg

The frame is done in the same rattle can colors as the tank.
Bikertroy016.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r91/fattroy/Bikertroy010.jpg

Bikertroy010.jpg

what about RED for the Scallop Stripping edges..seen it done with Gold and White before and it looks great..

just my 2 cents..no responce required..
I love it,it's right up my Alley as far as
Style and Design goes!

peace,
Kev.

I agree with Clothespin - the scallops are great!

I've taken the liberty of applying some digital trickery to see how a few colours would look for striping (I hope you don't mind)

Red stripes:

49155564dv7.png

Black stripes:

95049884mr5.png

and some Green stripes:

46811748am7.png

-Mp

Awesome guys thanks for the comments!!!! Thanks Multipass for the 3 pics on pinstripe colors now I have some thinking to do on that. The black might be a little bland so I might go with the red or green. I love this website!!!! Troy :D

PIN stripes

WOW...Dig the green.....Um HHmmmm... WOW...Dig the Red..HHhhmmmmm

that will take a few days....I give . I abstain

Latest posts

Back