My Hawthorne for the build off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got to putting my bike together and the longer I looked at it I knew it needed something on the rear of it to balance it out. So I took a chrome 26x2.125 fender and cut it in half to get the bob look out of it. Got it all fabbed and base coated in the Gold and going to scallop the rear fender in white as well as pinstripe it in black too. It looks really good when i set it up, and was just what it needed. I really need a digital camera cause all I will have is the finished pic. But I don't want anyone to get the idea that I had it already done, cause that is NOT the case. I have A LOT of hours in this bike like everyone else does and don't want to get any wrong impressions that it was already completed with no progress pics. Sorry just had to get that off my chest. I will have a pic of my fender this weekend when I go to buddies house with the camera. Thanks Troy

fattroy said:
Well got to putting my bike together and the longer I looked at it I knew it needed something on the rear of it to balance it out. So I took a chrome 26x2.125 fender and cut it in half to get the bob look out of it. Got it all fabbed and base coated in the Gold and going to scallop the rear fender in white as well as pinstripe it in black too. It looks really good when i set it up, and was just what it needed. I really need a digital camera cause all I will have is the finished pic. But I don't want anyone to get the idea that I had it already done, cause that is NOT the case. I have A LOT of hours in this bike like everyone else does and don't want to get any wrong impressions that it was already completed with no progress pics. Sorry just had to get that off my chest. I will have a pic of my fender this weekend when I go to buddies house with the camera. Thanks Troy

The Bobbed Fender will be schweeet!
I ,myself,have never even thought once
that you might be pulling a "fast one" as far as
time lines goes..

I love the bike..and you already know it's
"right up my alley" as far as Style goes..

I just want to see how cool it is when it's done!

looking great so far..
peace,
Kev.

Thanks guys!! Yeah I like to have fun on the weekends :D. Thats cool I just know I don't have any real progress pics like the rest. Glad to get that off my chest now. Sorry for the booze lets call that peer pressure :wink: .

Well got my bike all put together yesterday. Went ahead and took my bike up to my buddy who is a striper to show him and ended up just striping it. So I should hopefully have my finished pics soon. Can't wait to see all the finished products!! Gonna be cool. Troy

this will be super cool man
you need to find this car to park beside
car.jpg

Hooch said:
this will be super cool man
you need to find this car to park beside
car.jpg

Hey Hooch thats kinda funny cause I think that is the same car that gave me the idea for the paint job. It's a local (Indianapolis) club called the Road Rockets. They have a BIG show every year called the Rumble or Weekender. Did you get that pic out of Ol' Skool Rodz? I always go down every year with my club but this year I'm gonna take my Hawthorne with me and try to find Tom (owner of the car) its a 56' Lincoln. Wonder if he will dig it? Troy
Also here is the link to their site.
http://www.indyroadrockets.com/

[/img]
scan0012.jpg
scan0013.jpg
[/img]

Clothespin "n" said:
I love the "drawer Pull" grille!

sweet custom..

I can't wait to see The Bike Finished Troy!

peace,
Kev.

Yeah it's a very cool car. One of those you have to see in person pictures don't do it any justice. Thanks Kev same with your bike man!!!!

Hooch said:
yessir thats the mag it came out of... I was sure you had seen the car and it inspired you and your doing one heck of a job!!!
need a couple drawer pulls for a headbadge now lol

Thanks for the comments Hooch! Thats just CRAZY I didn't even know that this car made it in that mag honestly. Not in my wildest dreams would I think someone would know what car gave me the idea for my paint scheme. Very cool. I guess the world is a small place after all :D . Would be a cool idea for the headbadge too, but I got to run my bike club sticker.

Well I got pics of my finished bike but they didn't turn out good at all in my house sooo I'm just going to post some pics of my fender. I will get it outside this time when I take the finished pics. Hopefully this weekend.
Troy
P3010020.jpg

P3010019.jpg
[/img]
P3010014.jpg
[/img]
[/img]

Latest posts

Back