My new, old rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got parts I needed to put this together today at 1:00 PM
03-10-08_1331.jpg

Same bike at 3:00 PM today
Thanks to necessaryevil for the parts

03-10-08_1456.jpg

Me riding at 3:30 PM today
This is the bike I tore down to repaint when I was a kid. Lost interest when I got my first scooter, so it never got completed.
This was in the early 1960's. Still not painted, missing some parts, but I am riding it again. :D
03-10-08_1537.jpg

Sorry bout the pictures, they were taken with my phone. Can't get the wife's camera to downlode on my puter. :x

It amazes me that you were able to hold on to your frame that long. I am always happy to see a project come together especially after decades have gone by :wink:

Glad I could help bring back an old bike, now if only you could get that model A together in a few hours!

necessaryevil said:
Glad I could help bring back an old bike, now if only you could get that model A together in a few hours!
Ain't that the truth.These bikes go together faster and cheaper.

Waaay back there is a Schwinn, woodlands, I think. A western flyer 10 speed and a burned out something or other. all dumpater finds.
Yea I got it bad. I am a bikeaholic.

As for my old bike, I was restoring a western flyer for a friend to use when he goes to car shows, as a vendor, to go back and forth to his truck, and my Dad shows up. He says," your old schwinn is still up in the rafters of the car shed, I'll see if I can get it down." Well he did but all he found was the frame. It is all there somewhere but who knows where. So I got the frame and started looking for parts. That brings us up to today. Still looking for the fenders, but they may be gone as I remember I took them off while I was still riding it. That old piece of junk was faster than any of the new bikes in the neighbor hood.

Rodland said:
Waaay back there is a Schwinn, woodlands, I think. A western flyer 10 speed and a burned out something or other. all dumpater finds.
Yea I got it bad. I am a bikeaholic.

As for my old bike, I was restoring a western flyer for a friend to use when he goes to car shows, as a vendor, to go back and forth to his truck, and my Dad shows up. He says," your old schwinn is still up in the rafters of the car shed, I'll see if I can get it down." Well he did but all he found was the frame. It is all there somewhere but who knows where. So I got the frame and started looking for parts. That brings us up to today. Still looking for the fenders, but they may be gone as I remember I took them off while I was still riding it. That old piece of junk was faster than any of the new bikes in the neighbor hood.
Hey, the older ones ARE usually faster
I kick my bmx friends butt on my 1960 :D

Does it take all the aches and pains away? :lol:

Latest posts

Back