My role in a 2012 pin up / horror calendar.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying, i have an incredably gifted friend who shoots pin up photography, as some of you already know.

Her name is Dana Brushette, and i just love her work. Over the years, I've built many a prop/set and costume for her shoots and in turn she's taken some wonderful pictures for me.
Here's a link to her page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dana-Brushette-Photography/6372559460?ref=ts

During last years build off, the plan came together to do the elvira shoot.
We shot between rain clouds and had a wonderful time. Pic's turned out great also. 8)
rumflu.jpg

IMG_0627-1.jpg

rk6fc9.jpg

2h88w1x.jpg

This shoot spawned an idea thats been a year in the making.
With a promised review in rue morgue magazine, Dana and i have decided to shoot a 2012 horror pin up calendar.

The plan, to build /shoot 3 sets per month, march till june giving lots of time for printing sales etc.
I'm pleased to say the first set is under way.

I thought you might like to see a behind the scene look at this process, The magic of this type of photography and the lengths that are taken to get those great pic's. And hey, if i generate some interest in the calendar, well that's not a bad thing either. lol

so with that, heres the first set i'm working on for a burried alive shot.
the idea/concept
2ilj31l.jpg

27ydaut.jpg

We're starting with the simple ones to get the ball rolling, but its only going to get better from here.

I would love for you folks to follow our journey through this little project.
Roll calls have gone out for models, we're running a couple online contests to win one of 4 open spots in the calendar, and it proves to be a lot of fun.

Now ya gotta think red head, bright lipstick, and a bang'n body. the rest of the shot black and white.
(btw, the caskette isn't finished, its just pieced together for the shot)

Cool!
I remember those shots. I thought they were awesome.

Last year I had an illustrationjob wereI had to draw a 'romantic image of two zombies in love'. While googling for inspiration I came across this site:
http://www.myzombiepinup.com/
Check it out, it's fun. But I thought the pics of last years calander were better though.

Good luck with the project. I'll be following this.
8)

Latest posts

Back