my winter buildoff .camoliner video added sold

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so i am going a different route with my build off entry for the winter build off.
i recently parted out a 24 inch girls columbia tank bike and im thinking of using that exact frame for my build off entry.this is my second build off so if i don't follow the rules feel free tot ell me and i will correct the problem.

im gonna run a 20x 3 rear tire and 26 inch forks with a standard 20 inch wheel on front.
gonna try to paint it black and purple and intertwine twisted sister symbols for bars etc'
we shall see what i come up with.
my starting point fresh from the junk pile

more pics and updates soon
Sean

ok i apologize for my horrendous spelling the title is twisted sister like the band form the 80's lol.
sean
more pics of the parts im using.
first up the seat off a next bdazzled

fork choice number 1

the tank im undecided if i wanna use it or not but i may it's the original tank from the bike

the front wheel im gonna use.

pedal choice number 1 but i am sure i will change them

bad pic but gonna use these apes and stem maybe bend them in the twisted sister logo.

fork choice 2

rear wheel choice 20x3 wheel/tire

the width of the tire and pattern its wide might have to mod the frame a bit.

and last but not least my inspiration.....
twisted Sister baby!!!!!!!!

gonna attempt to doa paint theme in dee Snyder colors and design and incorporate their logo thru out the bike.
we shall see what i come up with.
sean

yer just a pup... I'm pre MTV... Alice Cooper, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Black Sabbath, ...
Now I'm diggin' Black Keys, Gary Clark jr., Casting Crowns, Mercy Me....still like Jimi...

Guitarl :dance2:

man i love all those bands too im a huge hendrix fan as well.
i was raised in he 80's but i do love some 60's and 70's rock as well,
pretty much anything if it sounds good i will listen to it. but nothing can compere to the classics.
that's kinda what this build is about i loved twisted sister ever since i watched their first video(i believe it was)
which was were not gonna take it and saw the guy that played nedermeyer as the teacher in the i wanna rock video i just loved them ever since
i hope this build captures all that glamor, flash, and carefree attitude the early days used to be about.
plus they were really on the dare to be different side another reason i went with the girls frame it fits perfectly
thanks for posting
Sean

so im thinking of modding this frame by twisting the front half upside down and leaving the back half as girls bike
im just not sure how i will do it but im thinking of doing the twist in the middle of the down tube bars to give it a different look.
anyone have any ideas how such a mod would be done? i'm thinking of hacking the frame at the tubes and just flipping the front half upside down but not sure yet

Dude this is so cool! Love the frameand tank!
so im thinking of modding this frame by twisting the front half upside down and leaving the back half as girls bike
im just not sure how i will do it but im thinking of doing the twist in the middle of the down tube bars to give it a different look.
anyone have any ideas how such a mod would be done? i'm thinking of hacking the frame at the tubes and just flipping the front half upside down but not sure yet
that sounds awesome! maybe a muffler guy could actually twist the tubing?
Troy

yeah i was thinking that
i'm gonna call a few places and see what i can figure out.
i am thinking a half men/half ladies design style so it fits the theme a little better.
more updates soon
Sean

slight change of plans on the frame
guitarlcarl gave me an idea on the frame i'm gonna do
its a more simpler idea and structurally won't affect the frame at all
i will post pics and updates on the progress
Sean

Thanks for the props...:dance2:
Hope it works out...
Twisted Sister! :rockout:

yw man
im actually gonna attempt to use some old brake cables i have and see what i come up with.
i plan on filing and shaping the filler to look like it is twisted
then im gonna attempt pink on the inside and black outside.
another lil detail im considering is painting the rims in black with pink spokes or maybe find a set like this
more updates soon
sean
p.s. twisted sisterrrrr:rockout:

ok i found a problem im hoping isn't too bad
when i was working on the wire on the frame i found a severely rusted spot on one of the tubes where it connects to the head tube.
so i am soaking the area in vinegar to remove all the rust and gonna see what it looks like.
if it's bad is there a frame change allowed?
i don't wanna change the frame but i don't feel safe riding a bike with rusted out frame parts on the head tube.
sorry bout asking questions i just wanna make sure i can stay in on this
Sean

I remember the rules said you're allowed one frame change. but even if it didnt I'm sure this early into the challenge no on would care.

cool
thanks luke
i ws actually able to repair it so im still using this frame.
after i cleaned the rust spot it was still good so i just filled in the crack and welded over it now its good to go
will be posting pics of my progress soon my phone is mia so i can't snap pics yet
Sean

Latest posts

Back