Need suggestions for forks for this radical 26" BMX frame!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been a member here a loooonnggg time ago, and had a ton of feedback. When the sight format changed, I lost all the feedback.

Need ideas on a radical, easy to get and not rare or crazy expensive, fork for this frame. The frame is custom built back in the 80's/early 90's- no idea who made it nor have I ever seen another one like it.

I built it up once as a BMX, never rode it, tore it apart sold off all of the parts, except the frame. Thinking about building it up as a Winter project. Like the springer look, but know there have been a lot of current repro forks like the ones from Johnny True Torch.

Show me what you would put on this frame, if you had it.

DSCN1595.JPG
DSC05836.jpg
DSCN1597.JPG

Bwahahaha I just searched "Landing Gear fork" and got that black bike from bmxmuseum. It that your image? I'm really curious about that frame.

Is that blue powder coating? Looks really good! Also find of the head gusset and stay braces.
Quick question: is the top headset cup seated all the way? Looks a little crooked. I know, too early for critique! Love that frame, can't wait to see where it goes.

I think if you want something a little different, go with the True Torch (I think I heard someone was repopping them). With the angles on your frame (which is AWESOME BTW!), it would look bada**!
I have a bunch of pics of you know a fabricator. PM me your email address if you’d like them
6611a5737e6ef8c3b0b5c2fb72e77e1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and every time I come back to this thread, I end up wanting that frame more! How do I put it on my Xmas list, if I don't know what it is called?

Is that blue powder coating? Looks really good! Also find of the head gusset and stay braces.
Quick question: is the top headset cup seated all the way? Looks a little crooked. I know, too early for critique! Love that frame, can't wait to see where it goes.

It is a deep purple candy. Not sure of the headset. Been a long while since I had this thing apart.

The Basset Star Cruiser is on my wish list, the ideal body transplant for my cruiser. Except that it'd outclass every part I have...

Latest posts

Back