Need to ID front hub cone. 1952 Monark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellas,

I've been MIA for a while! I have a part ID question. In the photo below, you see a front hub cone/nut. You can see it's broken. I believe it's part of the original hub internals. I've been using another cone, but it doesn't fit correctly so I have a good amount of play- no bueno. I'd like to replace the cone with another direct replacement part so it can marry up to the original hub that I still have on the bike, but I can't positively ID this part. I found a few on ebay, but still not quite sure if they would do the trick. The hub isn't marked but I believe it's original. The rear is a N.D., so I'll bet a dollar the front is a N.D. too. The bike is a '52, 24" Monark boys/(mens), and I've been pretty sure these are the original wheels/hubs.

The one I found on ebay that looks the closest is going for $20. Pretty high for a cone. The others that I found that look similar are for a y-7 model hub, and a Wald No. 56 cone. You can see the cup part of the cone/nut is kinda shallow, and tapers.

Anybody have the proper ID for this cone, or possibly have one (or even a couple) in their junk drawer?

Thankin you for the help in advance. Would like to get the bike road ready again.

IMG_20150415_005735_zpskcien4z9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150415_005735_zpskcien4z9.jpg

Latest posts

Back