NERRB 60-mile Gluteus Maximus Buster Ride Farmington, CT Sunday July 20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pleeeeeeeeese!!!,At least when I say something I do it.Seriously I am challenging you to a childish little girls bike run,lets do it it'll be a lot of fun,I'll buy the beers win or loose!!!You pick the date and time,I'll pick the place,that is as long as I don't have family obligations,hair appointment,spin class,ceramics class,bingo,watching Oprah,Etc Etc!! Puerile that:grin:!!

My bucket list ride (50+ miles on a vintage tank) will have to wait. As of late my riding time is down to an all time low. It's unfortunate. But like Jose said, family first. I hope you three amigos have an epic day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7yveru6e.jpg
ageby9yg.jpg
seryseze.jpg
radydaru.jpg
u4a7aja5.jpg
yny6agub.jpg

Good time,guys. Once we found the trail ,and we patched up Jerry,
and relaced my sneaks,and let me walk off my cramps it was great.
A well-earned pitcher of brew indeed,Joel ! 50+ miles,Done...Stevil

I'm really really proud of you guys:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.Sorry to hear Jerry got personal with the asphalt,I'v been there and feel his pain,looks like it was a pretty good bang up.After the heal up and the convalescing and for the fact that you guys are warmed up now on a longer ride hows about doing the 60+miler as was the goal?I'll solo earlier and you three guys can run up after.Spotters are wanted and welcomed.The start would have to be in Collinsville Riverview parking lot and then to the Heritage trail to get the mileage needed.

Last edited:
Well, now that it has shown that it is feasible to go over 50-miles on a rat, it’ll be a 61-mile ride from Concord to Lebanon, NH on the Northern Rail Trail to finish it. The logistics will be to be dropped-off at the trail head in Concord and ride to the car in Lebanon and drive home from there. The only impediment to this ride is time – finding time for anything but work and travel commitments in August will be the main difficulty – but it’ll get done.

Finally, congratulations on riding the distance your rats did, you NERRB’s have done us NERRB’s proud!

You know what else would be cool, not that I'll ever be able to do it, but, an over nighter on the rat bikes, packing everything you need.

You know what else would be cool, not that I'll ever be able to do it, but, an over nighter on the rat bikes, packing everything you need.

Cool idea Ian, perhaps we could do it as an extended version of a Northampton Nightlife Ride or a Sat/Sun weekend at Hampton Beach in one of their campgrounds – with the ocean nearby and good eats as an incentive!

just a thought ... there is a campground right on the cape cod canal path.

ride around. have a beer. ride around. start a camp fire. ride around have another beer ....

I dig where this is going – we have numerous places here in NE for such a riding/camping weekend – let’s do this! In some ways, Jane’s Addiction is evolving into such an event in Maine – we can learn from its success and bring into play as a springboard.

:crazy: Man, What happens in Maine Stays in Maine !:acute:...Stevil

It’s just a bite into an original thought; besides, what happens in cyber stays in the open!

Latest posts

Back