NERRB 60-mile Gluteus Maximus Buster Ride Farmington, CT Sunday July 20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am definitely out. Since its such a long ride. I am still recovering from the last ride. My back took a beating! Ive had a metal rod in my spine since I was 15. Didn't break anything but sure takes longer to heal . I keep thinking (hoping?) I am twenty again! I need to calm down and ride like the elderly person I really am :) But I am going to post the Janes Addiction ride for Maine...You guys can decide the date. I'm thinking August. Early in the month. Stay tuned. And I hope you guys have fun. I know you will! <3

Well, this ride is just a couple of weeks away – this week is also the start of The Tour Day France – inspirational stuff!
If you says so,ZL...I had little interest in this kind of riding since I saw
a local ride and witnessed the carnage,blood and flesh. No thanks.
And then Lance Liestrong,forget it.Slow and Low for me...Stevil
KZ,pass me some Rocky Road,please.

Steve, the analogy to the Tour de France was in the distance ridden; however, we should all do this ride in Spandex to show-off our hyper-buff bodies. :cool:

I live for the Tour, having been a racer in the 80s/90s. My DVR is working overtime recording 6 hours of it every day. What an event. I was there in '04 following it for two weeks. What a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian, I have also had the privilege of seeing the TdF live! I was in Paris on the last day of the ’77 TdF, standing in the Plas de la Concorde the year when France’s Bernard Thévenet won it. There was champagne poured aplenty on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées that day – a pleasant lifetime memory indeed!

IMHO – this is the most painstakingly rigorous event in sports – period.

That's awesome.

Hey did I miss a NERRB ride Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should all bring some tools and a spare inner tube; we should also help with the beer trailer! :cool:

We should all bring a beer trailer,I have a spare tire around my waist
and I'll putta couple of sockets in a pocket...Okay?:crazy2:...Stevil

Beer Trailers Gone Wild!!!

beerspill.jpg

So I just unearthed my account. And deside to checkout what's going on with nerrb. It totally be down for the ride but my issue is time. Is there a confirmed route? I was thinking of meeting in the middle or something.

Ps if someone can figure out how to hook up the wagon in my avatar to the bike we can use that for a beer wagon lol

A rider that decides not to ride complete 60 miles must be singled
out by wearing a yellow jersey:grin: And as for the slamwagon,try
a belt,some wire,rope or a piece of wood with 2 screws at each end.
But kidding aside,bring refreshments!...Stevil
PS: ZL ,how's the weather forecast for Sunday ?

Hi Steve, in answer to your question, there is, according to the Weather Underground, a 53% chance of rain in the afternoon with a lower probability of precept in the morning – if it looks as though it’ll rain, we’ll reschedule it for later in August but for it NOT-TO-CONFLICT with Jane’s Addiction in Maine.

We’ll decide on Friday as where to go from here.

Turns out I don't have to work this day, but I'm still on the verge if I should go or not??? I really don't wanna ride 60 miles!! Maybe I can meet up with you athletes at Simsbury since your starting in Farmington??

Turns out I don't have to work this day, but I'm still on the verge if I should go or not??? I really don't wanna ride 60 miles!! Maybe I can meet up with you athletes at Simsbury since your starting in Farmington??
We can work something-out, Nick; the most reasonable way might have to be through cell-phone communications.

I hope you can make it.

Latest posts

Back