NERRB Simsbury, CT Bike Trail Ride 2 Sunday May, 4th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer stops? I'm ready.
8924648162_edc074bba7_b.jpg

20130601_175625_676_zpsb37fd3d7.jpg

20130601_194010_314_zps6379faef.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Food for thought for the future. It is 26.4 miles from the CT border to Northampton, MA on the FVGREENWAY. See http://www.fvgreenway.org/map/map.list.asp I propose that we do a serious ride from Simsbury to Northampton at some point over the summer. This would be about a 70 mile roundtrip ride. Whaddya think?
Lets reschedule and do this even though it got lost in the sauce a good while back.Lets hit it while the days are long but bring your torches just in case.As far as miles I propose we leave from Brickyard rd. trailhead parking lot in Farmington up to Crabby Joe's and back,I did this last year and it would be a approx close to 60 mi.At least the trail is continuous and all paved--lets go!:rockout:

Last edited:
60 miles, I love it. That would crush my goal of riding 50 someday on one of my vintage heaps.

Let’s do this!

We should start early and bring spare tubes, an air pump and tools to see how far we can push ourselves and our vintage heaps.

How about if we set a tentative date for sometime in mid-July?

Oh Oh,as long as none of us gets our skirts caught in the spokes it'll be a good day and for goodness sake no complaining and WHIMPpering and asking everyone if their hair looks alright.Actually I'm gonna wear my poodle dress and bring it up three or four decades fashion wise and use two cans of Aquanet cause I heard it works good on flats:rolleyes:!!Cmon guys we can do it,I did this last year on one of the chops and thats the fact.We run a easy going 10 to 12 mph,take plenty of breaks--to fuss with our hair-- take pictures and enjoy the day.What could be better than running real miles on something that you yourself built with your own two hands :showingbiceps:??!!
003.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back