NERRB Simsbury, CT Bike Trail Ride 2 Sunday May, 4th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a low probability of rain in the morning, it increases after 1:00PM. Long-term forecasts' are not very accurate however! :)

Oh oh,get those fendered bikes out:20:!! The bad news is that ol weatherman hasn't given us a lot of good news so far this year,good news is thats its still early in the biking season :dance2:!!

Last edited:
If you guys cancel I can probably make the rescheduled ride. I'm going 10 AM to Willimantic DMV for my road test and after that I'm getting my motorcycle permit the same day. Wish me luck guys. I'm EXTREMELY nervous...:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

If you guys cancel I can probably make the rescheduled ride. I'm going 10 AM to Willimantic DMV for my road test and after that I'm getting my motorcycle permit the same day. Wish me luck guys. I'm EXTREMELY nervous...:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
You’ll do fine!

Here is some inspiration:
2012-03-07-Good-Luck-Chuck-Buck-And-Yuck.jpg

Sorry Nick, sometimes I regress; good luck buddy.

Good luck Nick. I remember getting my license and motorcycle validation. Exciting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Was checking out the NWS enchanced radar mosaic map for the USA,mabey Mother Nature will give a smile and wink for Sundays ride:113:!! Fingers are crossed and bike is all tuned up! If its a chance of showers I'm going and pretty sure the rest of the Ache Bones too as we've run in all kinds of stuff over the years, hope you guys can make too!

Last edited:
I too will be there regardless; I doubt if any of us is so sweet as to melt from the effects of a little rain! :D

As you said in a previous post somewhere,"born of hardy New England stock"or was it "through rain snow or dark of night" er ahh I think that was the mailman's gig,but honestly we've borrowed his line many a time especially dark of night with the torches glowing going home on the trail after a few "pitstops":rolleyes:

As you said in a previous post somewhere,"born of hardy New England stock"or was it "through rain snow or dark of night" er ahh I think that was the mailman's gig,but honestly we've borrowed his line many a time especially dark of night with the torches glowing going home on the trail after a few "pitstops":rolleyes:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/more-big-box-quality.83024/page-2

You don’t understand, U-Per’s, like New Englander’s, come from hardy stock; we just deal with whatever Mother Nature throws at us and we move-on with our lives.

Alright guys, it looks like we’ll have clear with some overcast skies for the morning (9AM) ride, but, a slightly higher chance of rain for the afternoon ride.

My question is; would it be possible for you guys in the late ride, ride instead in the morning, in order for us all to ride and possibly get wet together? ;) If not, Stevil, I’ll send you a PM with my cell # so that we can arrange for a meet-up along the trail for both groups.

Looking forward guys!

Your sister's not gonna slow us down ,is she ,brother?
We ride slow but...Peace ....Stevil

Ha ha... His "sister", nice. Did you say that out of habit? Okay one of these times I'll sign up for a ride more than 24 hours before the start. I promise! I was hemming and hawing over distance & weather, but I'm in for the morning leg of this run.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The new forecast calls for little chance of rain both early and late rides! :113:

Don’t let your eyes deceive you guys, you need to see Miss Penny Scooterwell at the skate park showing-up them thar young wiper-snappers with her 760 off the ramp and ending with a quadruple back flip. This picture is of her on her way to the skate park to show those young punks how it’s done.
scooter-gran_1381667i.jpg

See you all in a little while! :)

Heads up for the afternoon bunch,we usually get there around 12ish and park behind the Plan B restaurant in Simsbury across the street from Ironhorse blvd.Anyone wanting to join up or running late give a call 203 217 8947 thanks,Gary.Looks to be a beautiful day:grin:

Fun ride - long - 20-25-miles? Pic post soon...:) We all met-up - shear luck - or was is it destiny? :praise: The answer to this rhetorical question coming to a theater near you! :confused:

:D

Latest posts

Back