New Electras

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just saw Electra updated the site.

http://www.electrabike.com/

Couple new ones to me 8)

162143.jpg

144154.jpg

I wonder why the fender braces are on the outside on a few bikes? Makes it look cheap like a Huffy.

Wifes ticino has the outside braces, nice piece of felt and rubber on there too to keep the rattles down. plus it make the brace lengths adjustable with the type of hardware I've been seeing them use.

cman said:
I wonder why the fender braces are on the outside on a few bikes? Makes it look cheap like a Huffy.

I didn't like them at first, but they started to grow on me after a while. They bend easily though.

rydr1 said:
cman said:

I didn't like them at first, but they started to grow on me after a while. They bend easily though.

They seem to protect the fenders better at the ends of the fenders on my Electra Indy. I personally think they are a nice touch, and look better than the norm with a little euro city bike flare

What Huffy had these.............???

A lot of the Walmart schwinns and those Kaluna bikes have been using round rod for the fender braces rather than the crimped flat steel braces.

CCR said:
A lot of the Walmart schwinns and those Kaluna bikes have been using round rod for the fender braces rather than the crimped flat steel braces.

I still don't agree, The proof is in Pictures????

Didnt' know my comment would get traction.

I forgot that all the fancy fenders use that method too. VeloOrange, Honjo's etc....

cman said:
Didnt' know my comment would get traction.

I forgot that all the fancy fenders use that method too. VeloOrange, Honjo's etc....
Even the new Basmans are using wire braces. I think it's more of a European look thing.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

You definitely get what you pay for, I remember mounting the fender back on the front of the ticino when we first got it home. Mount them to the frame/fork first, then attach the braces lol

Here on the ocean where I'm at the pressed steel braces are really rusty after just a few months and the round braces on the Electra's still look great. For where I'm at the round are much better suited to our climate.

Mike

Latest posts

Back