new entry...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope I can get it done in time for judging.......
Hey, I am a new member and will try to post pics when I figure out how...

Right now, I'm deciding what frame to use.
I am choosing from a couple of oldies: one make unknown, one Columbia.

I'll decide quickly ... and hopefully figure out the picture thingy...[/img]

pics up...

Thanks for the welcomes and the help with uploading pics...
let me know any thoughts if you want (I know this isnt a big start, but its on...)
100_0802-1.jpg

100_0798.jpg

100_0801.jpg

100_0813.jpg

I dig those bars and the old skool grips, 1 mushroom and 1 vintage BMX grip. Nice frame keep us posted...Kelly

okay...I feel like an idiot...
I have been checking progress on all the bikes and been completely lagging on mine (partly because I am getting ready to move and all of my stuff is all over the place and also taking up all my time)...
Anyway, I am REALLY impressed with everybodies rides so far and I wish I could take the time to post a reply on everybody's thread, but I cant take the time to do that, so hopefully you just read this and know that you are included in the praise!
Well, I'm going to finally get some work done on this thing tonight and in the next few days. I will post pics throughout the build progress...
:oops: (I'm embarassed because I am WAY behind all y'all !) :oops:

no worries man , i havent been able to do much work on my ride either
all it takes is a good few hours to feel like your ahead in the game sweet bars by the way

HOLY SMOKES, GUYS..... :idea:
I was working on my bike last night and was frustrated because it really wasn't looking how I wanted it to...
then I realized that the frame I was mocking up (the first photo, unknown make) was actually manufactured with all joints BRAZED.
I wanted something more burly looking and feeling, so I decided I better go with the Colombia........
THEN.....
this morning I was cleaning out some stuff from my garage (because I'm moving and really shouldnt be spending ANY time building a bike!) and ran across an old seat idea I had stashed away!!!!!
You guys are gonna FLIP when you see this! (I hope...)
I also might build burly handlebars from a piece I will hack off of an old metal sculpture I made a couple of years ago...it had a piece I built for the front out of an old VW header....we'll see...
Sorry no pics yet, but I wanted to make it known that it is under way.

well, looks like I'm joining the "off with the seatpost club"
I can't get it out...
100_0832.jpg

Thought about this seat...
url]

But this is the beast that will be utilized.
url]

also note the tap handle that will probably be used as a brake handle...

I'm probably going to cut these big bar-type things off my old sculpture for the handlebars (or I might use another idea I came up with tonight)..
url]

These cranks were a pain to bust loose (and the pedals were even harder! But at least they came out eventually.
url]

This is what my living room looks like right now (like I said before, I really shouldnt be spending time on bikes, but...).
url]

Sorry to upload all these photos at once, but I thought I better show something for "evidence".
Peace to all and I will probably not post for a few days now........ :wink:

sorry folks, I totally messed up on the posting of the pics...I now went back to review how to do it right. next time it will be nicer

Latest posts

Back