Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a Dyno Tangerine Von Franco Cruiser in rough condition but mostly all there. Missing seat , one D , kickstand and grips. Any help with locating parts and advice on restoring would be great. Thanks

Welcome! This would have been a good 'INTRO' post.
Maybe snap a picture of your bike too. I would put an ad in the 'WANTED' section of the classifieds here.
Dyno's are great bikes!

Welcome!

I found a 97 Dyno that needed a seat and handlebars. It must have been new when they were stolen off it, a common thing here in Hawaii. So, it was pretty old but in dirty but new condition. I used Electra parts because there were no Dyno seats or bars around. The skull grips were almost identical to what Dyno put on them. If you can find Dyno parts, that's great, but Electra stuff is pretty close. If yours has the same mount for the kickstand, there's a adjustable one that's cheap at Wallyworld but will work until you get the right one.
52846_06edffbc7d5ad36505f68d49097a1c52.jpg

50147_b1d72e486294575a7e41b17dcc4c44fc.jpg

Attachments

• 49138_739688af377042237be03a0ece57fb06.jpg
    49138_739688af377042237be03a0ece57fb06.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 151
Welcome!

I found a 97 Dyno that needed a seat and handlebars. It must have been new when they were stolen off it, a common thing here in Hawaii. So, it was pretty old but in dirty but new condition. I used Electra parts because there were no Dyno seats or bars around. The skull grips were almost identical to what Dyno put on them. If you can find Dyno parts, that's great, but Electra stuff is pretty close. If yours has the same mount for the kickstand, there's a adjustable one that's cheap at Wallyworld but will work until you get the right one.
View attachment 99180

View attachment 99182
Thanks Wildcat for the Info. That is the exact Kickstand Mount I have on my bike I will check it out. For now I’ll go with the electra handlebars they look pretty close. When I figure out this site I’ll post some pictures. thanks again

An idea on the D stickers ; they cover the screws that hold the tank halves on. I found round magnets , with a hole in the middle , that are sized like flat washers. I plan to put the stickers on the magnets. The hole will span the screw heads. Removable, to work on tank. Search "magnet rings" .

An idea on the D stickers ; they cover the screws that hold the tank halves on. I found round magnets , with a hole in the middle , that are sized like flat washers. I plan to put the stickers on the magnets. The hole will span the screw heads. Removable, to work on tank. Search "magnet rings" .
Sounds like a good idea. Let me know how it works.

Latest posts

Back