New Rat Rod Project (First Post)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

After i found the site and started to look around at everyones bikes. I knew I had to have one. So I bought a bike off craigslist, I'm not sure what make it is. The bike has a 1' steer tube, 7/8" seat post, and I think it has a Kome1 Super rear hub. I like the style of karfer67 bikes, and will try to get that type of look. I will also try to make my own triple tree cruiser forks. I might be better off buying new ones, but I want to see what I can come up with.
25Cruiser002.jpg

25Cruiser001.jpg

25Cruiser005.jpg

Welcome

Welcome to the site. There are lots of great guys and bikes here. Your bike looks like a good candidate for a makeover but I would leave the paint.

it's a Western Flyer..Western Auto Stores
same as my Rat Rod Bike Build off...I'm pretty sure.

The Chain Ring looks like a Sears,or Eatons Department store style though.......

Check it out click here

either way it looks a lot like The one I'm doing...do the double Center tubes come to a BULLET end ?

welcome to the board....have fun!
you'll be hooked before yaa know it!
peace,
Kev.

Hey RatDawg,

Great looking bike!....and a lift in your home shop too! :shock:

Look forward to seeing your Extreme Rat Makeover. :lol:

Steve

hmmmm and who may this be? think think think......think think think welcome to the forum ratdawg and WOOT finally another nor cal member or should i say SACrat?

Rat Rod said:
Hey RatDawg,

Great looking bike!....and a lift in your home shop too! :shock:
Thanks, My father and I built the shop, He needed a place to tinker around in after he retired, and I had the room in the back yard for it.
NewGarage1692.jpg

karfer67 said:
hmmmm and who may this be? think think think......think think think welcome to the forum ratdawg and WOOT finally another nor cal member or should i say SACrat?
karfer67 I live in Willows about 80 miles north of Sac, close to Chico CA.

just wondered i have been telling a bunch of customers about the site for ideas for their own bikes.

I might be better off buying new ones, but I want to see what I can come up with.

With a shop like that, it's a safe bet you've turned a wrench or two :D I've got a hunch that you'll have no problem building something waaaay cooler than an off the rack, store bought ride.

Progress pics of any build are always welcome around here. You might want to check out - or enter - the Rat Rod Bike Build off, I think there's a thread or a post or something about it somewhere around here... :mrgreen:

-Mp

Looks good. By the look of the chainguard, it may be a huffy with a rollfast style chain ring! Whatever it is, it will still be a great rat!

very cool Barrell cookers..

#1 Rent a U-Haul
#2 Pack up 25 of those barrells
#3 Go to the Super Bowl XLI, South Florida -- Feb. 4, 2007

and you will sell the whole trailer full in the Parking Lot of the game in
about an hour...and you get to go to Florida in the Winter...

nice cookers!!!!!

peace,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back