OCC and sissy bar ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing a little roaming around the sight and found a thread about occ bikes and parts. Ran across several with 36"+ sissy bars. Been gathering parts for a phantom/occ build and I'm now wondering how you guys make the sissy bar work. I've done a little test fitting and with the added width of the occ rear section it leaves a pretty good gap at the seat mount. Are the seat bolts just hammered home to draw up the gap or are you modifying/bending the bar first? Just one of those design ideas I was wondering about and thought I'd ask first before I destroyed my new part.

Headbanger - in the current Muscle Bike Build Off.

I didn't have any issues... but I mounted mine to the upper set of holes in the frame.
I tapped them and ran a stainless bolt thru from the inside and capped it with an acorn nut.

I'll take a look at mounting them there. I think the biggest issue is wanting the seat to sit back just above the fender. At that point the sissy bar is still stretched wider then the seat, much wider. The joys of bike building.
Took a look at your build. Had ideas of a soft tail when I started designing this one. I also thought about a set of those sweet rams horn bars. Alas everyone on e bay is willing to pay a lot more for them then I am. Do really like your design and build.

I did think about re-arching a tall sissy bar to be wider and using spacers... I think it'd be fairly simple, bend it open carefully, and then re bend it around a wooden form...Maybe not easy o_O but simple.

Latest posts

Back