Oct 13th Vintage Bicycle Club of Texas Swap Meet - (PICS!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Vintage Bicycle Club of Texas Swap Meet. Oct 13th in Hurst Texas at the Bicycles Inc store. More info to follow in the days to come.
599164074_o.jpg

Re: Oct 13th Vintage Bicycle Club of Texas Swap Meet

I'm still waffling on coming down from KS. My son lives in Dallas area so the trip would be two fold. I would still like to know what I could expect to see in the way of bikes and parts.

We have everything from Balloons to Stingrays to Mountain Bike and Roadbikes. I am bringing some Lowrider stuff and ballon stuff.
BMX stuff is very light.

I have posted pics of some of the bikes I will bring on the other Hurst Swap Meet thread. I have a few tubs of parts too. Including racks, fenders (some nice NOS 20"), kickback hubs, wheels, bearings, pedals, etc.

Starting to look promising...

I'll be going this year, it fell on a Saturday that I'm off....looking for a few things...Old FTW bicycle plates, a matching (cheap) set of 20" coaster wheels, old headlight with yellow lens.. -just in case you have any of these parts to throw in your swap bins!! See you there!

Pics?

I wasn't feeling good last night and couldn't drive up for the swap meet.
If anyone can post pictures of what I missed that would be awesome!

Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and last night it turned into a full blown head cold. My wife has the same thing and we both sound like Barry White. I decided to tough it out and bring all my stuff. Managed to sell about $400 worth of random stuff from my garage so I consider the day a success. I may sleep for two days after this, but it was worth the effort. :lol:

There were several RRB members in attendance and even Mazdaflyer was down from Wichita with his Coasters shirt on. It's always good seeing everyone at these events. I'm starting to get nervous though because I'm getting to the point where I'm recognizing almost everyone at these swap meets.

Here are a few pics I shot today earlier in the morning when folks were setting up.

DSC_0001-13.jpg

DSC_0002-13.jpg

DSC_0005-16.jpg

DSC_0004-15.jpg

DSC_0006-17.jpg

DSC_0008-12.jpg

DSC_0007-10.jpg

DSC_0009-10.jpg

DSC_0010-9.jpg

DSC_0011-9.jpg

DSC_0013-7.jpg

DSC_0012-10.jpg

DSC_0014-10.jpg

DSC_0015-8.jpg

DSC_0016-5.jpg

DSC_0017-6.jpg

DSC_0018-8.jpg

DSC_0019-6.jpg

The shafty with rear suspension next to black bike with red tires caught my eye. A shaft drive bike is my Holy Grail.

Yeah! What was the price on the shafty and what was the price of the red tired moto-balloon next to it? Is that a Schwinn? Dang that's nice.

No really. Who was selling it, how much, and what's his phone number? :) It looks like a B10E - original paint on the frame. Probably the tank and rack were cobbled together with a repro decal on the tank. The V-swoop handlebars on it are nice!

Yep was there with eparsons.........saw jj out there also. :)

Thanks Steve those drop savers worked great!

Picked up a few parts and the goose with the redline bars in the pic with the motomag. Good deals were to be had , had a good time.

Latest posts

Back