Octavio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Acquired a slightly neglected Electra Jeremy last week, stripped it of its parts, and I'm down to this. As I said in the Build Off Discussion, I know I'm DQ'd from the competition because I'm gonna go the powdercoat route but I'd still love to share my first build here. It's gonna be pretty straightforward but I'd like to become active on the forum again, I kinda dropped outta sight for a while last summer after my Boney FInger was stolen....

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...ickr.com/7252/6979859350_045e5e542d.jpg[/img]
116_1070 by Nesto2008, on Flickr[/url]

Can't wait to see what you make of it. Unless someone yells "Disqualified" I think you'll be safe in here, but if it gets too cool, I'll be the one yelling!

haha

Have fun and build on.

Eh,maybe you should just prime it. Put on a different set of wheels. Then finish it all the way you wanted after the build off. Just a thought!! GTB !! Peace

Well the wheels were built last weekend, about two days prior to the start of the official RRBO so I don't have TOO much of a headstart. I'm gonna continue as planned :mrgreen:

Building wheels two days before the start!....No worse than BUYING wheels two days before the start!...If you're powder coating locally, ask if you can spray the powder on...That would mean YOU did it.....NICE bike.

Thanks for the compliment! These ARE cool frames, I used to have a 1st gen Rat Fink that now belongs to a good friend of mine, it'll be nice to have something similar again. This thing should be coming together real soon and I think I've even locked on a local pinstriper....can't wait!

Probably gonna pull the trigger on a RRB brass headbadge too, maybe mount it up front, maybe on the seat tube, we shall see....

Well it's DONE except for the pinstripes....that was supposed to be done last night but my guy got caught up on another automotive project and I don't blame him for seeing it through....I'm sure it was much more lucrative than striping a bike!

When I get home from work today he wants me to give him a call so he can come over and do his thing....after that I'll make sure to take some good, detailed pics!

Good looking bike, even if it is a Dairy Queen (DQ) white! :p :mrgreen:

Tis one good looking bike! can't wait for better pics of the striping. And I dig the detail on the back of the seat.

Gotta see some more of the striping. Awesome bike.

Thanks, the seat is from an Electra Zarape, each one is unique because they are made from Mexican blankets (serapes, get it?)....wish I could have found one with more green, or some purple. I was planning on getting a RRB brass headbadge but now I don't know where I'd mount it because of all the pinstriping! :oops:

What are the dimensions of those badges?

116_1123 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

116_1122 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

116_1121 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back