official burrito thread-lets see em!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think i have serious issues.since my first burrito build, i haven't looked back. if it isn't low, i don't wanna know. :) theres something strangely seductive about zippin around just a few inches off the ground.

so lets see em boys and girls, show off those burrito's. (be sure to let us know what they were in there former life.)
here was my first. a 67 stingray deluxe i found on the curb (in the trash) i was torn. chopper or burrito? so i did alittle of both.
b4
IMG_0774.jpg

after
IMG_0878.jpg

the bikes been out for chrome for dam near 6 weeks, so i built burrito #2.
started life as a 70/80's girls rapido. i just really loved the chainguard. reminds me of the dreamliner (train) in the old superman comic's.
b4
IMG_0953.jpg

after
IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

and heres my most recent build (work in progress)
b4
IMG_1253.jpg

during
IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

i cant be possitive but i think i'm on my way to building a time machine. :)

break out those burrito's!

this is my first Burrito,still in progress, i believe it is a 71 Sears Free Spirit, have been working on an off for a year. still doing some changes to it.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES060.jpg

this one i designed myself, it is a Burrito LWB Bent-EL LIMO- still in progress an also going thru some major changes.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES050.jpg

this is my most recent build EL Bandito a 20" wheel burrito, in progress

JWSMOCKUPBIKES207.jpg

yep i know, how come they ain't done. long story, you would have to go back an find my posts on the 1st two.so hopefully i will get em done this winter along with the rest of my reg bike builds. can ya say 15 bikes to build. anyways that my trio an yes i will post pic as i go along with the builds of these 3. thanks. so lets see what the rest of you are doing with the Burrito movement.

Outlaw 8)

my 20" burrito is probably my fav to ride. the lower the better right? that 26" burrito is killa? my most recent build started as a 26", but by the time i got it welded together the front tire just flopped back and forth like a dead fish. (ya'd need 3 football fields to turn the bike around.lol)
IMG_1290.jpg

where did ya get the seat for the first burrito?
its exactly what i'm looking for myself.
cant wait to see the finished project.

my recent build got a lick of paint today. (flat black and gold) its temporary to prevent rust. even though its not finished and still doesn't have brakes, i ride it regularly.
IMG_1478.jpg

i also painted a couple nos flyte bomb style taillights(cream plastic painted gold then antique with flat black) new bars,speedo where also added to the mix.
IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

nobody else has a burrito? i find that hard to believe. :) and if ya don't have one, ya should start building one. like i said, theres something strangely seductive about zipping around a few inches of the ground. :)

KennyP's burrito is my favorite, anyone have pictures? Now his is L O W. I would only want one as low as his.. The others just seem like stretch cruisers.

Icy, the seat is wood that i designed and built for the bike. those rims are 27". the El LImo has a 26" on the rear an a 20" on the front. there will be a 7 sp on it an 3sproket chainring up front. the last one as you see is 20" wheels.

if ya all want to see Burritos go over to the chopper forum, yeah the one they are having problems with. ther is a thread for Burritos in there. thats where we started the Burrito movement at last year.

Icy, like the Burritos ya built. haven't got to ride one yet but i know they will be a kick. yeah everyone start buildin, its fun. the original idea of the burrito was to take an existing bike an cut it up an make the Burrito out of it. keep it low with no kickstand then some started building from the ground up, which is ok. but the real Burritos are done from existing bikes an using as much as you can. so with that, thanks

Outlaw 8)

that ain't lame, thats sic ya here.lol, its a Burrito. is that a shock fork up there? i like it

Outlaw 8)

yea but probably wont stay...I dont have any room in my garage to work on it. :oops:
Next week Im gonna hide some bikes in the 3 seasons room before we seal it up for the winter...ssshhhhhhh... :mrgreen:

icy, thats a sic Burrito dude. i like it. does that shifter work? be glad when i get all mine done. later

Outlaw 8)

sure does. i picked up an older bike with a shimano 3 speed intermal hub. the shifter itself, i fashioned using parts of the original 3 speed thumb shifter. (similar to this)
IMG_1251.jpg

basicly the bottom 1/2 of the shifter (the part thats secured to your handle bars) has been welded to the frame. the thumb level i replaced with a piece of ss cut out to look like flames. the gold glitter 8 ball i found at my local billiards retailer ($15)

basicly all the parts of the original shifter where used except for the actual thumb lever.
was real easy, had to drill a 4 holes to hold that plastic piece in the pic, center screw and the end of the shifter cable. also had to drill/tap a hole to hold the spring for the bearing. i just used the old thumb shifter as a template. i still have to find a housing to cover the internal workings of the shifter.

IMG_1503.jpg

for the flames, i just drilled holes and connected the dots with my angle grinder.
IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

i carved a gaboon ebony skull for the shifter originally, but i think it will be better suited for another build.
IMG_1378.jpg

Latest posts

Back