BO15 Old English

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the wheel issues.

PICTURE POSTING TIP: Select the FULL IMAGE button when you upload your pics so that we see them full size without having to click on the thumbnails to embiggen them.

Like Dis?

image.jpg

Since I already took the wheels off it, I finished stripping the fixie of usuable parts, I figured I would just use the brakes off it too but need to drill some bigger holes. Back of the fork will be easy but the back of the brake bridge will be hard to do straight. Im going to dig through parts boxes first to see if I can find some older brakes so I dont have to drill. I also need to find a particular seat. Im pretty sure I still have it......somewhere

Vintage frame with modern parts, it works! And it works well on that 'urban' set up.
That looks like a flip / flop cog set up in the rear. Are you running freewheel or fixie? So you would have a hand brake for the front only then?
Just noticed the pump pegs. Wow. A vintage frame pump would really set this one off from the crowd! :nod:

I do have a brushed aluminum pump on my 66 Raleigh that fits it. I planned to use it for the final pics. But for now, I think I might have to put this off till after May is over. I will have a lot more time then. May is National bike month and Im riding as much as I can every day. Did another 65 today and I am beat. I need to spend any garage time on maintenance on my riders at the moment. Dont worry I will finish the Phillips in plenty of time

And as far as the seat, Im pretty sure I have a repop hairpin saddle somewhere. I have the toolbag for it so it has to be here. The way it sits at an angle, I think it will be parallel with the back part of the top tube

It brutally windy today so my ride was cut short. Did some digging in the garage and found the seat I was looking for along with a rack I might use. I also spotted a Raleigh frameset I buried and forgot about. I will have to move a bunch of stuff to dig it out but the headset looks nice. I think it has a nice crankset on it still
2590441B-54D9-4F22-87EB-E84C356D6CE5.jpeg

Aahh haaa, made Mucho Progress today. Got the rotted bottom bracket out that was full of sand and put in a sealed cartridge out of the fixie that the wheels came from. Drive train is complete. Tried the pump out too. It fits but then it covers up the shield and the Made in England decals that I like. So. on the fence about the pump. Also tweeked the Raleigh chainguard to fir and found a kickstand for it
8B25E28C-F186-43D7-BBD8-D899D6F70117.jpeg
8B25E28C-F186-43D7-BBD8-D899D6F70117.jpeg

I played with it a little more. I didnt have any other brakes so drilled the brake bridge and put the rear on. Then I just drilled the back of the fork but my front brake isnt long enough. I still need to repack the headset and come up with cable straps. Im already thinking its going to be a grocery getter. The fork is bent and its so ugly, nobodys going to want to steal it. I have some folding baskets I might put on the rack. But as ugly as it is, Im sure its faster than it was new. Its actually pretty fast
83369145-CA23-4BB4-B5A7-C44140EC2186.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks pretty sweet! A bit cruiser-like because of the toptube that goes down.

Are you going to put fenders on there? If yes: I think the old French fenders would be pretty sweet:
_2728-copie-1.jpg

I can't wait to see this when it is finished. I have a 1961 Philips that uses the same frame that I want rip in to when my current bike is finished.

That looks pretty sweet! A bit cruiser-like because of the toptube that goes down.

Are you going to put fenders on there? If yes: I think the old French fenders would be pretty sweet:
_2728-copie-1.jpg
I like the fenders but I dont have any metal ones to fit. My goal has been to build it out of what I have here.

Classy wheels

87B5DC2A-3B19-485B-94B8-0F4F64F805C6.jpeg
According to my calculations, I can carry 45 beers on this bike. Since they wont let me drink 3 in front of the store, I might have to try with 3 12 packs. Oh yeah, changed the stem and bars and it fits me a lot better. Not really sure what else I want to do with it except go get beer. It has a 17 on the rear, I might splurge for a 19 or 20 and add a couple links of chain. It might be a little hard to ride loaded with groceries....or beer as is so a little lower gear would be better for beer. Otherwise, its pretty quick as is

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back