Orange Klunk. On Hold, Likely Out

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ill jump in, little late to the party.
Ive had this frame for a while and have avoided it due to it being mostly covered with this disgusting yellow caution tape. Heat gun, boiling water, it still just peels of in tiny flecks.
20181117_143927.jpg

Started picking at it again today and ended up just scraping it all off with a razor blade. Wasnt too kind to the finish.

So here we go, schwinn aluminum comp, not sure if this is a decent frame or budget, the kickstand mount, itll stay. Its light, its free.
20181117_151015.jpg

So how to turn a mountain bike into a musclebike, could be fun, could be a disaster, we'll see. The parts all unbolt if the project turns to dung.

I really like the stance of @RustyGold lil bobber and it may help me get the front end up.
77501_f7e837015842af7ef25c2a97ed050e20.jpg

I also may use this idea that i had a while back, use the steer tube from suspension fork slid over a 1" fork. This is not a home run. It doesnt fit over every fork, trial and error.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/easy-1-threaded-to-1-1-8-fork-mod.106111/

So I think I can get the front end up enough to use a regular crank length.

The entire build will be contingent on finding a banana seat that long enough to look right on a 26. It will be painted orange and roughly draw on an Orange Krate for inspiration.

Was at my other shop today and went to grab 2 donor bikes that were stored there, they are no longer behind my shop. Wheels, fork, etc that I planned no longer available. Ill see if i can find new donors, if not, Im checking out.

I may dust off my stalled spaceliner build, maybe throw some apes on it.

Yeah, ill look around, need a mountain bike with decent alum rims, 700 cc fork some other odds and ends. I can pay up but in pretty cheap, we'll see what turns up.

Latest posts

Back