Oranjaboom Bomber

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 14 - CLASS 1 - FINISHED BIKES' started by us56456712, Aug 14, 2019.

1. us56456712

us56456712

Lake Superior Shore, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
    I built it to race. The race is over. Done that, over it, time to move on to other projects, no storage room so it's for sale.
    IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1586.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1614.JPG 101400_ef755ed0105e8dca17cbee75846b03ec.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Make sure you take your final pics and such before selling it. Great build and congrats on the race!

OddJob likes this.
  3. OddJob

OddJob

Great job on this kool klunker! How about a Final Photo with the bike standing on the shoreline of The Lake? Be a great nod to your race for which it was built. :nod:

And, orange you glad you didn't paint it yellow?
    :bigsmile:

4. sdframe

sdframe

Very nice. I'll bet it's the only bike from this build off that actually was in a race.

5. us56456712

us56456712

I found a picture of me racing the Oranjaboom Bomber in the Ore to Shore. The picture was taken at the end of the two mile roll out on paved roads. This is just before it went into the woods trails. I'm back with the Clydesdales and old folks. I ended out in about the same place as I started. This was from he official race photo gallery. The most fun was when someone all kitted out on a pricy bike would pass me and say "thats a cool bike". I would say "how much did your bike cost". The answer was usually in the thousands. I would say "Oh, that's too bad, mine was $25". I couldn't help being mean, after all it was a race for last place. Of course the $25 was what it cost new when it wasn't a Frakenbike, but I think I got the best deal, I ended out in the upper third of the final pack and only had a modern helmet and water bottle. The grips were so old that they partially disintegrated in my hands and made my palms all black. I used an orange rayon shirt, cotton shorts, cotton dress sox and black high top Converse style tennis shoes. I did glue on a new shoe soles of sticky rubber, just to be stealthy.
    DSC06984.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  6. us56456712

us56456712

Hey folks, I waded through a few thousand photos on the Ore to Shore gallery and found my finish picture, proof I finished. Looks like fun or not? o2s2019be-08041.jpg

7. OddJob

OddJob

Hey, you and your bike both finished in nearly the same shape they started in. Can't ask for much more than that!

And, it looks like you might be smiling...a little bit?
    :D

RustyGold likes this.
  8. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Great build and story!
    Well done! Don't forget to post a link to your build thread at the beginning of this finished thread.

You probably already know this, but Don't forget that when the Voting thread is created we will use the first pic from your Finished thread.

us56456712 likes this.
  9. uneasy rider

uneasy rider

LOVE this build!!!!!!! my favorite frame. awesome action shots/story of race, so much fun. i've got one of these frames waiting to get to, and i pretty much had in mind a similar build. thanks for the inspiration.

Klunkruiser likes this.