(ORBO) '38 Shelby Klunkinator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hard to tell through all the clutter, but I made some progress today...
klunker4.jpg

A quick mockup, almost done...
klunker5.jpg

I'm not too sure about the bars though, may switch them out for something less long...
Is that a 25.4 ( 1") clamp diameter on that stem? If so, you could find a whole bunch of mtb / short rise cruiser bars to finish off the front end. I agree the bars are a little foreboding...
Also, maybe go chrome for that match with the fork / stem / crank / seat post combo...:wink1:

it's done! Except for a small failure of the rear hub, (I blame myself, since I used a cheapo Falcon coaster brake) It's a success.
klunker%2010.jpg

klunker%209.jpg

I plan to keep this one, once I lace up a new rear wheel. :cool2:

Bike looks great, Cam. A few points re: gearing and hill-climbing:

#1- If you want to climb hills better, toss a bigger sprocket on the back for a climbing gear. With offroad singlespeeds, you basically want to gear it in the highest gear with which you can comfortably climb, which will leave you undergeared for descents and long flats, but that's probably a good thing, as it'll give you a chance to catch your breath after the ascent.
#2-If you want to climb hills, you'll need to go somewhere other than the Kresson Trail; there's not a whole lot of climbing to be done there, unless you fall into the creek. :crazy:

New hub time eh? I'm super happy with my two speed kickback. Bike looks good tho.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Bike looks great, Cam. A few points re: gearing and hill-climbing:

#1- If you want to climb hills better, toss a bigger sprocket on the back for a climbing gear. With offroad singlespeeds, you basically want to gear it in the highest gear with which you can comfortably climb, which will leave you undergeared for descents and long flats, but that's probably a good thing, as it'll give you a chance to catch your breath after the ascent.
#2-If you want to climb hills, you'll need to go somewhere other than the Kresson Trail; there's not a whole lot of climbing to be done there, unless you fall into the creek. :crazy:
I've never been a stellar climber, even with gears! I look at it as a neccessary evil, kind of like cell phones. :cool2:

I've never been a stellar climber, even with gears! I look at it as a neccessary evil, kind of like cell phones. :cool2:

Yeah, i know whatcha mean. I'll tell you what; from the Kresson Trailhead, you can turn right on Kresson, hang a left after the light on Bunker Hill, and you'll find the Bunker Hill Trails, accessible from the playground, and from a few cul-de-sacs in Woodcrest. The Bunker Hill Trails are even flatter than KResson, with some nice flowy/winding singletrack, and some whoop-de-doos provided by old groundhog burrows. Definitely a fun ride, and soooooooo close to Kresson. And, of course, the Croft Fam stuff, some trails off Burnt Mill.... i like to ride the whole Cherry Hill/Haddonfield trail network when i have time on a weekend....

Latest posts

Back