(ORBO) BMX/MTB/BOMBER/KLUNKER BO .....VOTING FINISHED!......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no frame. Either I use a generic frame or take a 4 hour drive to the one place I've found with classic bikes and parts.
View attachment 15198
I would drive 4 hrs. to get to that bike shop without batting an eye ! Some cool stuff hanging around in there.
Mark

I would drive 4 hrs. to get to that bike shop without batting an eye ! Some cool stuff hanging around in there.
Mark
I was going to buy a couple of them, but remembered I can't afford a month's pension. I wanted one of the bare frames hanging in that big row, but they weren't for sale, just the complete bikes. I nearly sprung for the X-53, but $750 is out of my range.

Lots of you have two bikes in these build. I originally had a different idea for my build (and have also had to do a frame swap) but I still have my first idea and bike... I also have a lot on my plate right now, but I work on my current build in the wee hours. But there's that other bike in my rafters... looking down at me... So, I decided to tag team this build, or I suppose first and second half builds. I'm going to try, when I get Dead Metal done, to build a hillclimber...

Carl.

Lots of you have two bikes in these build. I originally had a different idea for my build (and have also had to do a frame swap) but I still have my first idea and bike... I also have a lot on my plate right now, but I work on my current build in the wee hours. But there's that other bike in my rafters... looking down at me... So, I decided to tag team this build, or I suppose first and second half builds. I'm going to try, when I get Dead Metal done, to build a hillclimber...

Carl.
X2 on the Second Half Bike

My first orbo bike, went on the back burner until the bomber is done. Much more exciting bike to me, and I am slowly acquiring parts for the warrior. Warrior will be my 2nd Half Bike.

Building... riding...

I like how this ORBO has evolved from the past WBO. I'd like to see it return annually, these bikes seem to be the most all weather too. Kludging thru snow and muck is easy compared to riding a cruiser, muscle or road bike. I've had a bike in the rafters a year, waiting to possibly be my second entry. I have no problem holding on to it till next year... come on ORBO II.

Carl.

I like how this ORBO has evolved from the past WBO. I'd like to see it return annually, these bikes seem to be the most all weather too. Kludging thru snow and muck is easy compared to riding a cruiser, muscle or road bike. I've had a bike in the rafters a year, waiting to possibly be my second entry. I have no problem holding on to it till next year... come on ORBO II.

Carl.
There has certainly been some good vibes coming out of this build-off, and quite a few builders saying how much they love riding their new bikes, bringing back memories of their school days BMX's and the like...

We already have people asking about a return to the open Winter build-off, and some asking about a sex change build-off, a gravity bike build-off and a couple of others... So not sure what will happen, but there is no doubt this has been good for the site.

Luke.

The voting thread is up!

It can be found here:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/off-road-build-off-2016-voting-thread.97635/

Thanks to all the finishers, that was the first time I have done this where everyone followed the instructions and put a suitable photo first in their finished threads, it makes it so much easier! :thumbsup:

Finished threads are now unlocked again if you want to comment or update on them.

Congratulations to everyone!

Luke.
How do you vote? I can't find anything clickable.

How do you vote? I can't find anything clickable.
On top of the page on the right there 3 dots touch , then it says web view , touch it will go to vote long booth . At least that the way it is on the Mobil app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On top of the page on the right there 3 dots touch , then it says web view , touch it will go to vote long booth . At least that the way it is on the Mobil app.

Tapatalk cant participate, for some reason the app cant handle it.... at least ive not been able to make it work on votes yet..n

Login from web browser

Building... riding...

Tapatalk cant participate, for some reason the app cant handle it.... at least ive not been able to make it work on votes yet..n

Login from web browser

Building... riding...
Not sure I voted today with no problems.

There has certainly been some good vibes coming out of this build-off, and quite a few builders saying how much they love riding their new bikes, bringing back memories of their school days BMX's and the like...

We already have people asking about a return to the open Winter build-off, and some asking about a sex change build-off, a gravity bike build-off and a couple of others... So not sure what will happen, but there is no doubt this has been good for the site.

Luke.
Just saw this Luke. I think with the response we had to the ORBO, and the new Klunkers & Mountain Bikes forum on Other Bikes, that we would have a high interest in doing ORBO II next winter! We could use @aka_locojoe 's new vid "I Be Klunkin'" and the Klunker Kalendar Top Ten ORBO 2016 to promote for next year as well.

Latest posts

Back