(orbo) klunk-fast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting ready to ATTEMPT putting loose bearings in my bottom bracket. i will take lots of photos. gonna take a steady hand, that's for sure.:whew:

well its done. i went from 9 bearings to 11. may have to put 1 or 2 more on each side, spins right and straight, but a little ruff in spots
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
. was easier than i thought, just had to use enough red n tacky! its nice that rollfasts have big dust covers.

after a second look, i realized the dust cover was rubbing. quick switcheroo and assemble and test ride. works great! i did this because i was bored and also because i bent a bb bearing case about 10 years ago. was ridding a cheap, china built schwinn legacy. i stood and cranked hard and the bb wobbled. been hesitant to stand on a crank since. hopefully this will get me back on my feet, so to speak!

There should be more bearings in there. No gaps greater than a bearing ball. Maybe it's the picture angle, but they should all be the same size too.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

There should be more bearings in there. No gaps greater than a bearing ball. Maybe it's the picture angle, but they should all be the same size too.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...
thx carl. been doing some research and will redo it today, the right way. all the bearings are the same size.

gave up on the loose bearings in the bb...for now anyways. did go from a 9 bearing cage to a 10 cage. also traded for some schwinn blade forks. it was warm enough to paint today so i got em finished and installed. took it for a long ride on the omaha snowy, icy streets. rode great! it is done! on to the finished tread.
IMG_1560.JPG

Latest posts

Back