Other hobbies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I wonder if many here have other hobbies they put a lot of time in. I have been interested in cooking for about 20 years. I've won a couple of chili cookoffs, (Air Force) not real tough competition, but trophies nonetheless. Living in the Philippines now, I have access to fresh and organic meats and vegetables, in fact everything is organic, it would cost too much to add things to the food. I'm retired so I can spend more time researching and trying out recipes and experiments. Here's some of my results over the past few years:

Pulled Pork
20t5xes.jpg

Beef Jerky
1588nqo.jpg

Pork Loin
116nvbd.jpg

Sliders
10hsmzo.jpg

Flank Steak w grilled veggies
k1sw3b.jpg

Chili
8x0dow.jpg

Cheese and sausage Omelet
14kek2u.jpg

Tocino
6edrp3.jpg

BBQ Chicken on my custom grill
ipuy4m.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks now I'm hungry.
Have you ever made chicken feet?

I have too many hobbies (addictions would be more accurate).

I work on cars/trucks (worked auto body for about 5 years & mechanic shops off & on also rebuilt motors), computers (been building my own computers for 10+ years), android phones (flashed phones to cricket for over a year), & just about anything I can modify or customise. What can i say i'm a chronic tinkerer lol.

I wonder if many here have other hobbies they put a lot of time in. I have been interested in cooking for about 20 years. I've won a couple of chili cookoffs, (Air Force) not real tough competition, but trophies nonetheless. Living in the Philippines now, I have access to fresh and organic meats and vegetables, in fact everything is organic, it would cost too much to add things to the food. I'm retired so I can spend more time researching and trying out recipes and experiments. Here's some of my results over the past few years:

Pulled Pork
20t5xes.jpg

Beef Jerky
1588nqo.jpg

Pork Loin
116nvbd.jpg

Sliders
10hsmzo.jpg

Flank Steak w grilled veggies
k1sw3b.jpg

Chili
8x0dow.jpg

Cheese and sausage Omelet
14kek2u.jpg

Tocino
6edrp3.jpg

BBQ Chicken on my custom grill
ipuy4m.jpg

Man, I gotta go to Subic to sample your cooking, those look very appetizing! I also like to cook simple dishes but nothing as awesome as yours. Have you tried to cook sisig? And oh yeah, Tocino has always been my favorite since I was a child. It is still my go-to-food when we run out of ideas in the kitchen, hahaha.

One of my other hobbies aside from bike building (recent) is playing/creating music, I'm a bass player https://www.threadless.com/forum/po...ed_in_please_share_your_band_links_as_well_m/. I also compete in international shirt design competitions http://www.i-m.co/designsbyconde/home/gallery.html. But professionally I'm a graphic designer. Safe to say that all my other hobbies have been on hold for the last couple of months because of bikes! :-D

Janine Melnitz: You're very handy, I can tell. I bet you like to read a lot, too.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Printer is dead.
Janine Melnitz: Oh, that's very fascinating to me. I read a lot myself. Some people think I'm too intellectual but I think it's a fabulous way to spend your spare time. I also play raquetball. Do you have any hobbies?
Dr. Egon Spengler: I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

I like that food and Volkswagons as well, been into RC planes and other stuff for a few years, been taking me away from bikes of late to be honest. Here is my Parkzone Piper Cub, easy to
fly but only on calm days.

35meis4.jpg
w0rnzp.jpg

Converted her to a Military L4 version, a fellow named Carpenter fitted 6 Bazookas to his Cub and actually took out some German tanks with his little tank killer!

2gx4kro.jpg
29ghd77.jpg

My very much modified GWS Tiger Moth, added some scale details nice mellow flyer.
2lc8mko.jpg
24v7k8z.jpg

Scratchbuilt RC Sub uses the engines trust to overcome her buoyancy.
2qmdqxc.jpg
aqwox.jpg

v7y54i.jpg
eb4juh.jpg

Got some other RC stuff as well, here is my full option German Panther G.
(engine sound and guns etc)
6tim8w.jpg
xlyxjp.jpg

Yes the paint job was tricky and the figures are really hard to get right!
25po9cy.jpg
2ufzvjp.jpg

Here she is in the field the large one 1/16th scale and the smaller one 1/35th scale.
20tgn79.jpg
qrkdwx.jpg

Yep got a few Panthers in different scales the three largest ones are RC.
30sy7mf.jpg
depw0k.jpg

Last edited:
I write, I cook, draw, I like to collect models of Halftracks and build scratch models of them. One of them is a rc model built from two or three lego technic kits. When I get a proper sewing machine, I'm going to make clothes, I'm sick of never finding stuff I like to wear in this short people focused world.

It sounds strange, but the combination works great. I tried it with pulled chicken BBQ also, with great results.
Make my order one of each, and a ribeye...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back