P40- SHE'S AWOL!!! Now Showing X-52.5 aka Plan B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for the comments. I will get "she's in the army now" finished some time this year. And I will have time to make sure that it is exactly how I want it!

Love that you are doing a replacement build, I actually like those bars on there...

Luke.
I do like like them although, I think this stem is too tall. I will have to try a few sets on before I settle on a setup.

IMG_2100.JPG
Well, I claimed that this would take 2 days, 3 max. So here is tonight's update. I have a cool set of handlebars that I have been thinking about extending, not sure what they are off of but they are the style of a Mark III set.

That's what I call a 'pit bike'....there's no way people can miss your armpits when your'e hanging on those apes!

That's what I call a 'pit bike'....there's no way people can miss your armpits when your'e hanging on those apes!

I do like them, but they are overpowering. I have a couple of smaller muscle bike sets that I will try tomorrow.

How often do you have those moments when you pick up a part that suits your build perfectly, then remember you tried to sell it a while back and no one wanted it....good thing on this little headlight that I pulled off of my yellow Shelby when I sold it. A little modifying, and it looks great!

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

I installed some run of the mill pedals that I found in my stash.
IMG_2106.JPG

Then found a decent black seat that should work nicely once I bend up a seat post to get it sitting about where I have it on the bike in this photo.

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

Last edited:
So, it looks like I need to make a seat post and probably weld some extensions onto a set of smaller apes and this thing will be ready for the show. I will probably come back and revisit the Mark III bars, a different saddle, and maybe some doodads before the build off is over.

Cool bike! I like the rapid fire build going on with it also, looking forward to the finished product.

I definitely like the Mark III bars better. But the apes will probably have more appeal at the show.

Thanks, I agree on the bars. I am leaning towards adding about 10" of pullback to those bars and installing them before the build off is over.

Those wheels look great on this bike. This has to be one of my favorite builds :)

Thanks, that is tall praise with everything that is being built in this build off!! :crazy2::43:

My friend you have done it again, great bike.

I think I'm blushing.....I just threw some junk together. But, it is kinda tough lookin', ain't it!

This is looking good.
Isn't it great what we can do when we don't try to over think it.

Love the headlight, I've been looking for something similar for my build.

As with many creative ideas / projects in life, the final result is what we are judged on; and whether it comes together quickly or painstakingly, the amount of mental and physical energy required is often overlooked. EXCEPT on this forum! :grin: Take it from a guy who tends to go from A to Z in "typical breakneck speed fashion"*..
don't feel guilty for the speed at which ideas and parts come together. Sometimes, it just works.

*Dr. Tankenstein on my ORBO "Mesa Buggie" build.

This is looking good.
Isn't it great what we can do when we don't try to over think it.

Love the headlight, I've been looking for something similar for my build.

Yeah, the funny thing is, although I have had this build on the back burner for a while now, I wouldn't have entered it in the annual build off if I hadn't been running short on time. I didn't feel that this was up to the "quality" that the main build offs are now known for. It was just going to be a fun "bar hop" bike for me to have fun on! Maybe I have been overthinking my stuff all along??? This is still Rat Rod Bikes.......right?? :showingbiceps:

Latest posts

Back