Paddy Waggin'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our fifth family member never learned to ride on two wheels and is getting up there in age, so my build is dedicated to providing Grant with sweet ride to partake in the cruisin'

Picked up a Worksman PAV3 over the winter and kids trailer......the starting point.

Being May 1st and in Colorado, we are due to get 6 inches of snow today- welcome to the build off.

Nice to see a strike build.
Good luck.

Measured the clearance needed for the chain ring in preparation of first cuts- plan on lowering the seat and adding top tube.

Seat uprights cut and mock set up, dropped seat 7 inches.

Thanks Luke!

Good thing we are only two days into the build off- just realized the tires I bought for the trailer must have shrunk. Ordered 12" when I should have ordered 16". Order placed and moving the 12" to the "for sale" section.

That actually looks kinda cool. If you have an extra rim, mount one just like that on the back like a Continental Kit spare.

Has it been two months......
Back in May mocked up a top tube after cutting the seat tubes. Added apes and a springer to get design ideas.

Welded in the tubes, packed on a can of bondo to form the tank and primered it this afternoon (July 4th)

Hoping to paint this weekend and assemble the trailer

Glad you woke up from your deep slumber!

Very cool inspiration!

GIve the pooch a pat on the head for me :wink:

:mrgreen:

Dig the pipes!
That reminds me that I bought a yard sale bat for that same purpose.

Thanks everyone for the support! Finally have time to post up progress from the past weekend.

Made the tub using a couple cement mixing tubs, pieced them together with plastic welds and welded up metal base to support the big guy while still giving him some flex. Sprayed based layer with rubberizer and coated with pebble flavored rattle can.

Added a layer of memory foam for a cushy ride

Couple of fitment pics before mounting and putting on his custom cover

Was able to get a few coats of paint on the frame too

Happenings this week- waggin' cover, painting fenders and other misc trim pieces, finishing frame paint and touch up.

Latest posts

Back