Finally got some work done on the bike decided to go different route for the shifter. Going to use the twist shift on the handle bars and run the cable thru the top tube and come out by the the top chain stay. Then got the frame and fork sanded and primed.
And i also got the back rim painted and respoked to the nexus inner 3 just have to true it up.
Starting to feel like I'm making some progress but a lot left to do.
I try to do something everyday. Even if it's just a bit of hand sanding or polishing something. Readjusting the handlebars... Just as long as it's something. It's getting there. Them frame lines are pretty cool. Tank plate in checkered would be a nice touch.
Some good weather this weekend in the morning to mid day then it's about time for rain. So I got a few things done first was tank halves sanded down and primed then couple of coats of yellow. Next mask off a 2 1/2 wide strip paint that black.
Apply some vinyl squares my daughter made on her cricket.
Next up chain guard luckily the stock one was long enough that it mounted on the dropouts. All I had to do was add a new mount just before the dropouts. Anyone know if the M.P.D. on there stood for something or just someones initials?
decided to use a play on words with the rollfast name.
Finally got to the point where I can start putting my build together.
that's where I stopped at today just need to adjust every thing run cable and wires three speed shifter and few other things. Then on to finishing the kiddie hauler mainly paint then putting it together.
Some more assembly yesterday got headlight mounted and wire run thru one of the top tube shifter with the cable run thru the other side and the rear rack mounted.
Finally got my stickers that looks like the hood ornament of the checkerboard cabs.
I was thinking that I wanted to make a head badge looking thru the thread about them. Nothing fancy just some vinyl cut on thecricket and paint and I think it fits the bike. I traced out an oval shape cut it out then traced that to a head tube off a bike I cut up and cut that out.
then today started paint on the hauler got it primed and first coat of paint.
Just need at least 1 or 2 more coats then mask and do checkerboard pattern then clear coat .