Patina, Please!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's how it came out.
002.JPG

My Park Tool tire lever worked really well moving the leather around.
And the finished product. I give it a 6 out of 10.
001.JPG
003.JPG

I'm going to skip the wear tabs for now, until I can find the right rivets. The ones I have now look like they will interfere with putting the seat back together.

Made some grips today. Used leftover material from the seat. View attachment 47618
Cut into strips.View attachment 47619
Started wrappin.View attachment 47620

Overall result. A little too red for the bike.View attachment 47621
Hey Hammer, get some 100% acrylic paint in a small tube or jar from a craft / hobby store. A gray plaid, or brown plaid will 'soften and age' the look of the seat and grips. And, it will last a long time before it rubs through. I've had good success with this.

Yeah, the red is a good hue, just toned down to make it look more 'aged appropriate' ....
My saddle for Shelby Flyer Woody...new and then toned down:
IMG_20150906_192722.jpg

IMG_20151005_183805.jpg

Today I took parts of three pedals to make two good ones.
002.JPG

I also picked out my least worst skip tooth chain and got all of the links freed up.
003.JPG

I also pulled my ND Model D apart so I could clean and grease it. I had mocked the bike up and the hub was together without any of the brake guts in it. Waiting on a new pair of tires.

Looks really great HM. Clean looking bike as is for sure... :nod: It's begging for a matching Patina-Please chain-guard though..

Got everything lined out today. Chain guard mounted. Dug up a better chain that I forgot I had. Got my pedals working like they should. Then I realized that if I don't get any finished bike pics today, they wouldn't get done. So luckily, the rain cleared out and I was able to get it done. I'll get them sorted out and get posted up in the finished section soon.

Latest posts

Back