PAY IT BACK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PAY IT BACK pics redone now i am happy

which shot do you mean buddy? and i think i will although i am not sure if he is quite ready for all this. he still has no clue as to what is going on. and thanks fleetwood and oh yea you can bet i wanna see the look on his face it should be interesting.

karfer67 said:
adamsbike005-1.jpg
that one :mrgreen:

had too that was the only one out of that whole deal that i thought looked cool

nice pics indeed !!! , just wonderin what the decal on the seat was above the shifter though ? i finally stopped starin at the fork long enough to see the rest of the bike :mrgreen:

well since karfers not here now i can tell you.....a shameless add for his work! :p its a college cyclery sticker(hmmmmmmmm maybe i can get some for my tool boxes*hint hint*)
i know how ya feel ccr....i spent almost 30 minutes staring at the fork(did you all know you can change the rake and spring tension on it also :shock: )

lol thanks sensor i should hire you as a sales man. yes the fork is fully adjustable not just the shock which yes has full rebound control, and you can change how it reacts through the first and second half of the travel. right now it is setup so the first half is nice and plush then it stiffens up through the second half more or less so the light mount wont go into the tire. oh yea and like sensor said the holes in the lower crown (the part painted copper with all the striping) are actually mounting points for the legs of the fork. there is one hole in front of the one it is in currently that would rake it out more chopper like then the other two would make it more upright so it can be set where you want it. i actually thought about taking pics of it setup in the different holes but it does chip the paint just a bit and you know gotta keep her clean. and yea sensor is right that is the new college cyclery decal i had to put one on cause my boss has helped out donating a lot of the parts on this bike that i could not afford but was nice enough to donate to the cause. she is one nice ride i am proud of it and in my personal opinion is one of the best peices i have done to date. any other questions feel free to ask and yes as sensor can attest she is well broken in :mrgreen:

Nice job on this bike Karfer. I really like how the star part of the sprocket is highlighted by the enclosed chainguard......You gotta' let me take it for a spin. Looks like a blast to ride.

well mike right now it is out at my house but if you want to come out your more than welcome to take her for a spin. yea i like the sprocket efect too when i decided to use that guard i knew that a sweetheart sprocket would end up with the star like that so it was just so right.

She is truly a thing of beauty. The copper accents against the bare steel really look great. I love the wheels with the Quick Bricks, the chain guard, The springer, the seat, the striping... And most of all I love how it all works together. Im sure its old/new owner will think of you as one of the greatest people to ever walk the planet. We get very few chances in life to truly touch another life and make a lasting positive impression, fewer still selflessly act upon those opportunity's. Well done my man, Well done. "Thump, Thump" (that's me patting you on the back :wink: )

hey thanks that means a lot. i try to help others when i can and when this kid's bike got straight up vandelized only because the thievs could not break his lock they decided to trash it. i love the wheels too the mix of new and old ended up working quite well together. when i give it to him i am going to have to show him how to shift her though :lol: and thanks for the pat you deserve one as well.

well i called the kid's mother and told her only to go onto rat rod bikes and check the bike out saying that it has been "rebuilt." she tells me he inlisted in the army and is almost all the way through boot camp then they ship him off. apperently though he will have two weeks off in dec to come back and visit so i guess he is going to get the x mas pressent of his life. he does not know about it yet so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. now i feel like the bike takes on a whole new meanning.

well she called me today after seeing the bike for the first time on ratrod bikes. she said that she would not have beleved it was the same bike if it were not for the pic of what i started with. then she started going through the build and thats when it hit her how special this peice is. when i started this particular build it was all about building this kid a bike that he could take to just about any event and be noticed. he already has a cruiser for getting around town this is the one you take out to events! he still has not seen the pics and i am going to take it over to their house next week some time to show off. as sensor can attest it is a lot more shinny than it looks in the pics. and gold street i think i will be the one sheding a tear or two. i know i have said it before but i will say it again thanks to all out there that kept this build going through the tough times. it is a huge relief to see this bike done and it has gone beyond what i expected. sooooooo thanks 8)

That's really cool. I like all of the detail and the pics turned out great.... especially with crane in background ....

NICELY DONE!

thanks the fork is really neat and it actually became a challenge to make the rest of the bike flow along with it. but from front to back i wanted little things to look at. and there are so many that you can look at it more than once and see new things. i added a pic of the bendex brake arm because it sliped my mind. go check it out. and thanks again guys and galls

karfer67 said:
i wanted little things to look at. and there are so many that you can look at it more than once and see new things.
hes right about that! every time ive gone down and seen the bike i keep finding new things :shock: but then again.....thats something ive come to expect from him!

Latest posts

Back