Pflugerville Pflat Tracker - New Handlebars - Update 3/24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I like the smaller oval plates Pfar better than the Pfirst ones.

Instead of a plate on the front, I'd consider an off-road looking light with a brush guard on it. I know the flat trackers probably never had lights, but then again, they didn't have pedals either!;)

Just thought I had better fix The Renaissance Man's typos so people don't get confused. :confused:

I think he meant to say...

"Instead of the plate on the Pfront..." and "I know the Pflat trackers probably..."

There now... that's better ;)

Glen.

I finally got to take the Pf bike out for a shakedown cruise tonight. Wish I had been able to take some photos, but it got dark shortly after I rolled out.

I am surprised how comfortable and nice it goes down the road. The riding position feels a lot like my motorcycle. I thought this would be mostly for show, but I did about 16 miles no problem. I need ti figure out where to mount a bottle holder so I don't have to wear my Camelback.

Another pfun pfact about Pflugerville is that it's slogan is "Between a Rock and a Weird Place." We are located between Austin which proclaims itself as weird and Round Rock...which is a rock. Actually, there is a round rock for which the city was named.

I still have a couple things up my sleeve on this build and a rear light in the pfirst of those.

I picked up this old generator powered tail light at the bike swap with the intention of gutting it and using one of my LED lights inside.

Here is the donor light, a small Lezyne which normally attaches to the seatpost with a rubber strap.

I cut a small bit of material from inside the lamp housing so the LED fits down inside further and drilled a hole in the center of the lense. The LED turns on and off by pushing the lense.

The LED fits right down inside the shell after removing the back of the lamp where the strap attaches. This is also what holds the batteries in, but those are held in place by the round piece where the bulb used to go in the old lamp. A little foam tape keeps the LED centered.

When I put the lense back on, it didn't screw all the way down and left a small gap, but this o-ring took are of that.

I made a simple L-bracket and mounted it up.

Felt Berm Master. Originally, I planned to do a 26/24" combo and build sort of a BMX/klunker hybrid. Upon learning that you can no longer get the 26" version,

Can no longer get the 26" Berm Master?? I just finished buying a set of 26" off of Motostrano, I hope they have them and I don't get a message later on??

Hate to break it to you, but they are out of stock indefinitely. I called and had someone who physically went to their warehouse and check. The 26 has been out of production a while, so they wont be getting more. Sorry.

Can no longer get the 26" Berm Master?? I just finished buying a set of 26" off of Motostrano, I hope they have them and I don't get a message later on??

Hate to break it to you, but they are out of stock indefinitely. I called and had someone who physically went to their warehouse and check. The 26 has been out of production a while, so they wont be getting more. Sorry.

Man that sucks, I just sent in to cancel my order, back to the drawing board on an awesome set of tires for one of my bmx cruisers. :(

How about the Maxxis Holy Roller? Those have a similar block tread.

Sweet tire but can't really find any good deals on them though, they fetch a pretty high premium.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of Kenda Nevegal tires in 2.10, that's what comes on the Transition Klunkers, good looking offroad style tire. Got these for 23 each shipped.

I am still playing with this bike and tweaking some parts. The stock 44t sprocket was just too tall to use all 7 gears, so I had this GT BMX spider and a 34t ring I picked up at a bike swap. I had to shorten the bracket on the chainguard, too.
20140318_192956.jpg

I also picked up a cheapo LED headlight which looks nice. The stock bars are just too low and I ordered some 7 inch rise ATV bars to try out.
20140318_192945.jpg

I ordered a set of tall and wide ATV handlebars to improve the fit of this for my 6'1" frame. These are heavy duty, thick wall carbon steel, probably weigh 4 lbs. Bike already weighs a lot, so who cares. These would be great for a klunker build and are pretty cheap. Got them for $24 shipped from amazon. They are Moose Racing ATV High handlebars. They are about 6 inch tall, perhaps a bit more at each end since they sweep up and about 32 inches wide. I took 3/4 off each side.
20140324_162431.jpg
20140324_162503.jpg
20140324_162421.jpg

Latest posts

Back