PhantomBantam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this 3 years ago, for $5...............CHOP..CHOP! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

001-3.jpg

if you make that look like a minature phantom i will worship you :shock: i just guessed based on the name i can't wait to see what you make out of this

Joshua85 said:
if you make that look like a minature phantom i will worship you :shock: i just guessed based on the name i can't wait to see what you make out of this

That's exactly what I was going to do! But now because you said "I will worship you", I can't!.........Actually, the name rhymed, and I am planning on a DIFFERENT paint scheme, You MADE me go to "Old Roads" and look up what a phantom looks like. You don't have to worry about "worshipping me", it's not going to look like that. It's going to be an SSST (Stretched, Swoopie, Sorta Thing). :lol: 8)

sensor said:
sorry about going off topic.....but are those spoons on the cupboards and drawers?
on topic again....$5!!!!! sheeeesh where have i been all this time :shock:
My mom used to have forks, knives and spoons on some computer desk in the kitchen...interesting untill the knife ripped my pant leg off

sensor said:
sorry about going off topic.....but are those spoons on the cupboards and drawers?

After I posted the pic, I was wondering if someone was going to ask that! Yep, spoons on the bottom cabinets, forks on the drawers, and butter knives on the upper cabinets. I can't believe you spotted that. :lol:

I bought a "Planet Earth" MTB at a tag sale for $10, then she pointed to the other side of the yard and said "I'll throw that one (Bantam) in for another $5. I said "I guess so".

KOTA said:
sensor said:

After I posted the pic, I was wondering if someone was going to ask that! Yep, spoons on the bottom cabinets, forks on the drawers, and butter knives on the upper cabinets. I can't believe you spotted that. :lol:

I bought a "Planet Earth" MTB at a tag sale for $10, then she pointed to the other side of the yard and said "I'll throw that one (Bantam) in for another $5. I said "I guess so".

hahahahhaha, ida told her id give her 10$ for it if she threw in the mtb for 5$............................. had to do it.... sorry

Re: PhantomBantam (2/24)

To late now! There is a "plan". I just haven't thought of it yet. Hopefully, I didn't screw up another bike.

BBO2.jpg

Okay, so maybe plan "A" isn't working! So....I'll move on to plan "B". ........There's 26 letters in the alphabet, right? :lol: :lol:

BBO3.jpg

Well here's plan "B". I think I'll go with this one. Let me know what you think. Right now everything is "taped" together, I haven't decicded on the actual length. So far It's been pretty simple. Two pieces of conduit, with only one bend. I haven't even used a tape measure, yet. And you can tell by some of my "tools" (yes it is sitting on a piece of firewood) that I like to keep it simple and cheap. The "curved" blue tube removed from the bike will be used for placement of the sprocket, It will match the angle of the front tube, just gotta figure out where I want the pedals. Well that's it for now, as you can see I work outside, it's 25 degrees out and we're getting some more snow today! I LOVE New England, I get to work with gloves and my hands don't sweat!

BBO5.jpg

BBO9.jpg

I know it "looks" long, the pics are deceiving, remember it's only a 20 inch bike!
BBO8.jpg

Maybe these bars, not sure yet.
BBO10.jpg

NICE!!
Firewood, I love it!
I like the length, are you going to get that seat down low in front of the original seat tube?

Latest posts

Back