"PHOENIX"... aka the Fire Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well,here goes.I don't know how long this project will take me...or where it will take me for that matter.For the start of the story I'll refer you to MBP's thread in "FRESH FINDS" titled "1948 Schwinn??" as he asked about it there so I answered him there...Thanx MBP!
This poor thing started its life in 1950 as a Schwinn built D-15(?) for Goodrich...how it ended up where it is now is just about anybody's guess,but alas,here it is...

100_1889.jpg

100_1890.jpg

100_1888.jpg

100_1887.jpg

Notice: bolt,bracket,ect. melted together!

100_1886.jpg

Notice:brazing melted away!

100_1885.jpg

100_1884.jpg

Yes...someone put a 'nanner seat on it! Is there no shame?

The main plan is to make this tortured,GRAND 'ol wheeler into a safe,ride-able bike again...mostly because it deserves it but also some folks sniggle & laugh behind their hands & say..."IT CAN'T BE DONE!"...to which I say..."Stand back& watch". I will be using as many of its original parts as I can,parts,including the whole rear end,from the '50 girl's ballooner I mentioned in the back story,
period correct pieces,after market only as a last resort.I'll be posting pics of the rear stays,the girl's donor & other pertinent pics
as soon as I can.The head badge will stay the way it is (already clear coated) no matter how I finish the bike...up from the ashes!
Be patient with me...any comments,thoughts,ideas,information are welcomed & appreciated...P 8)

Thanx...I'm going to build an "alignment jig" using my '49 D-15's frame.This way I'll know when everything is lined up...P 8)

This will likely go down as one of the most interesting "builds" ever! So happy you've saved the ol' boy from the ashes. Can't wait to see the transformation begin! << Pink Floyd's "Coming Back to Life" plays in the background >>

Thanx MBP...I've been thinking of even stretching this one,1" back-2" forward,since I'm going to have to be cutting on it anyway...any thoughts on that?...P 8)

Like we used to say back in my hot rod days. "Anyone can rebuild a car,a real man Chops 'Em"

Sorcerer

What do you have to lose? It will give your "Phoenix" that little extra something. I've seen it done a lot with the cantilever frame, making the bike appear more "chopper" like. Wow Pappy, your build keeps getting more and more intriguing!

Latest posts

Back