Picked up these bikes this weekend and need some ID and Value help

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by FatTriGuy, Apr 16, 2018.

1. FatTriGuy

FatTriGuy

I know most of the bikes except for the painted blue bike. It has an art deco chain guard.

The Western Flyer has a great looking decal.

I am a bike charity, so I flip bikes to make money for our local Relay for Life. If you could help with a value, that would be appreciated, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. RustySprockets

RustySprockets

Huffy maybe? That would be my guess. Is it a juvenile bike? It looks a little undersized.

3. RustyGold

RustyGold

I'm somewhat kinda pretty sure the painted blue bike is a Shelby...though, as RustyS states, it is probably a juvenile which is throwing off the proportions for me, which is why I'm only somewhat kinda pretty sure :grin:.

Chainring looks Shelby, as well,
    Jason

4. RustyGold

RustyGold

I'm intrigued most by the Western Flyer...it appears to be Raleigh built, I'd be curious as to the year (should be a date stamped on the rear hub). Not from a value point of view, because British bikes don't tend to sell for a lot here...but, because it may be one of the oldest Raleighs I've seen in that style.

Jason

Edit...not as old as I thought and not Raleigh...yet. Looks to be around a '58 and was part of the BCC conglomeration.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  5. Wildcat

Wildcat

I think the blue one is a Ross (Chain bike corp).
    [​IMG]

6. RustyGold

RustyGold

Nailed it. That's probably why the Shelby I was thinking of buying at the Iron Ranch show for cheap didn't sell...it probably wasn't a Shelby :grin:.

Jason

7. RustyGold

RustyGold

This mish-mash of parts was being sold as a Shelby...

IMG_20170916_094243033.jpg

...I found it unattractive, but I keep my eyes open for a Shelby as that is my younger daughter's name :). At $125 I couldn't understand why it wasn't being bought (Monark springer would justify ~$75). Now it makes sense...I was probably the only person there that didn't know it was a Ross :grin:.

Jason

8. RustySprockets

RustySprockets

Boom! Wildcat nails it.

kirkpatrick likes this.