pinstriping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and another one. i know its been done a million times but its still a cool wall hanging. i just ordered 3 more kafkas. 6,3,0. im usin a 3 now.
cant wait till they get in.

blurry crappy pic. to tired to care. maybe a retake tomorrow.
saw2005.jpg

little crisper.
saw2s003.jpg

karfer67 said:
very impresive i wish i was that good. i just cant get my wrist around to do stuff like that. i bought a few scrolling brushes at autorama and had no luck

now that im sittin here thinkin about it, youre kinda what really made me get started with it. i remember seein your cycletruck lettered with hooligans on the side and you torchin or somethin like that. around later 08 i think. the lettering and that green/white combo on black was amazing :mrgreen: made me start dippin.

i was planning on doing one of the tattoo removal saws as well.....but im gonna do it on a circular saw blade :mrgreen:
any one have tips on how to do fades or blends(or what ever you call them when 1 color fades into the other)?
its been to busy at work for me to go bug bradley for pointers

sensor said:
i was planning on doing one of the tattoo removal saws as well.....but im gonna do it on a circular saw blade :mrgreen:
any one have tips on how to do fades or blends(or what ever you call them when 1 color fades into the other)?
you have to have both colors wet to do it , no tackin up

sensor said:

you wont be able to keep them on the shelf :D people love them.

sick work i gotta get one and try it. oh and i feel ashamed the striping on the cycle truck i did not do. a friend of mine did but it was him who got me into it because he did not finish my truck so i got my own and figured out how to do it myself. however when terry got it he removed the lettering and some of the stripes from the plate and i DID redo them all myself. man you are better than i am i still have a hard time with circles my wrist just gives out half way through. not limber enough i guess :lol:

thesuicideride said:
garage sale find. old brief case for carrying around striped panels to shows and shops. a couple more colors to come. then hitting the sides.

briefcaselettering004.jpg
do you use the kafka(sp) brush for all ur lettering ? im just tippy toeing into lettering and i know nothing about what brushes to use for certian styles and all .. help a sista out pleeeeeaseee :) .. i love ur lettering

thanks! yep. i just got my kafkas about two weeks ago. and i wont put them down. thats a 0 i used to outline but i usually use a 3.i ve had quills and flats for a while now but never liked them. the kafka is amazing for scripting and single stroke but not really practical for any other lettering cuz it takes like 10 strokes to fill it in. great for outlining. i highly suggest them. they actually flex and are not as stiffly springy as the swirlyQ and synthetics. im just now diving into lettering too. about a month ago. if you put a kafka between those fingers of yours jen you will be a legend. oh and i sent you panel out today. should be there mid week :mrgreen:

thesuicideride said:
thanks! yep. i just got my kafkas about two weeks ago. and i wont put them down. thats a 0 i used to outline but i usually use a 3.i ve had quills and flats for a while now but never liked them. the kafka is amazing for scripting and single stroke but not really practical for any other lettering cuz it takes like 10 strokes to fill it in. great for outlining. i highly suggest them. they actually flex and are not as stiffly springy as the swirlyQ and synthetics. im just now diving into lettering too. about a month ago. if you put a kafka between those fingers of yours jen you will be a legend. oh and i sent you panel out today. should be there mid week :mrgreen:

Oh man i wish i took better care of mine i had it for a few years and i did nothing with it threw it out b/c it got funked, ill deff pick some up when i have the extra$ , for other lettering what do you use ? im bewildered haha , for the lower letters that u show and all ...
all the stuff ive been doing on the bike lettering wise all i used is a script brush my sis for for me .

i used a grumbacher #5 52555G quill for the bottom lettering. i also use 3173 F frenchmaster now and again but i havent practiced much with quills and flats. i really like my kafkas. i heard macks make good quills for begining lettering but i cant remember which ones they were.

that brief case is SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!
ive got a couple of mack quills
for big stuff ive been using a series 2962 1/2" and a series 179 #4 ....they work great for big stuff like doors

amazing lettering i suck at lettering but then again i use a regular pinstriping brush not a quill. i did just buy a mack no 1 quill it is flat on the end but when i start a line it just fans out. i asume a lot less pressure and hold more straight up and down>? but looking at that kaffa brush i think i gotta get one i just have to order it they dont really seem to have them in sacto

thanks guys. all i can find locally are green wraps. and barely any 00s left on the shelf every time. ive just been getting paint and lettering brushes from dickblick.com and tcpglobal.com(?). where do you guys buy if you buy on line?

thesuicideride said:
thanks guys. all i can find locally are green wraps. and barely any 00s left on the shelf every time. ive just been getting paint and lettering brushes from dickblick.com and tcpglobal.com(?). where do you guys buy if you buy on line?
i get my pinstriping stuff from .... blick but i dont think they cater to much towards lettering , so for that and gold leafing i want to try out tcp global , how do you like tcp? ..... i used to shop from eastwood but since there stuff is way over priced i go with .... blick .. i helps that i have a store in driving distance also

Latest posts

Back