PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your top 3 favorite bikes

• 1. 1952 Hornet (50DueceDaddy)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 2. 64 Gasser!!!! (Houndog)

• 3. '67 (Funkme)

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • 4. American Immigrant - The American Immigrant (EasyRider420)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 5. Apple of my Eye (FatBoy)

• 6. ATOMIC PUNK (bean)

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • 7. Bad Fish (slowriderz)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 8. Barney Fife (450redrider)

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 9. Below Radar (Brentley)

• 10. better late than never.. built it my way (motorcitygearjammer)

• 11. Bishop - The Bishop (justride)

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • 12. Black bike (deorman)

• 13. BOARDER PATROL (Chips_Mahoy

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 14. BonniRocket (expjawa)

• 15. Brightliner (brett4christ)

• 16. BULL DAWGED (rlhender)

• 17. CCM Beauté Noire (jamaces)

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 18. Cherry Bomber (dogdart)

• 19. Chicks need love too (Retro Rat Rog)

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • 20. Coast King Murray ([[email protected]][email protected][/email])

• 21. Copper King 2012 (cyclonecoaster.com)

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • 22. Dakota Bandit (Oneuglybike)

• 23. DEVIANT (Lugisland)

• 24. Devil's Darling (skiptooth7)

• 25. DMB "Smooth Rider" (abosley)

• 26. El Moco Mojado (Cuan)

• 27. Eliminator (Peatbog)

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 28. ELLIS SPEED SHOP SCHWIN (CCR)

Votes: 35 8.6%
  • 29. FAIRBANK FLYER - THE FAIRBANK FLYER (char)

• 30. Fisch's 20-inches of AWESOME! (Fisch)

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 31. Flex-Liner 7 (kingfish254)

Votes: 36 8.9%
  • 32. Forward look - The Forward look (Mr. Kool)

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • 33. Frisco bobber (Scootbomb)

• 34. FULL TILT BOOGIE (texasbigjon)

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • 35. GEORGE BARRIS DragStripper MUSCLE BIKE Psychedelic DRAGSTRIP (tanksalot)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 36. Green With Envy- A 1955 Huffy Rat (someguy83)

• 37. Hammered Higgins (MazdaFlyer)

• 38. Hex53 (tvc15)

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • 39. HiaWhatThe!!!!! (Xcruiser)

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • 40. Higgins the German Spy (yoothgeye)

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • 41. HodgePodge All Pro (Green P1)

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 42. honey badger (beatcad)

• 43. Hood Rat (deven_science)

• 44. Hot Rod Columbia (65rat)

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • 45. HOT ROD DELUXE (SCHWINNRAY69)

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • 46. Hot Rod Higgins (Terry66)

Votes: 63 15.5%
  • 47. Huffy HOP-UP (Skipton)

• 48. I HATE MYSELF FOR BUILDING YOU (JOAN JETT BUILD) (Jake Sensi)

• 49. I've Got My Spine, I've Got My Orange Crush (p00r0ldlu)

Votes: 24 5.9%
  • 50. Jacked Up Pilot (MplsCoaster)

• 51. JAGUARAT - THE JAGUARAT (killingevilnine)

• 52. LACKLUSTER (Critter1)

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • 53. Last Ditch Effort (Missing Link)

• 54. Lil Boy Rat Rod Bike (AtomicSwan)

• 55. LOCO-CYCLE (raggedjim)

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • 56. Long Black Train (menzorro)

• 57. MAD MAX (subadrew)

• 58. MADD DAWG (dirtydawq)

• 59. Manta Race (Bane)

• 60. MoFaux (fordsnake)

Votes: 127 31.3%
  • 61. Momma's Boy (bpellham)

• 62. MONSTER HIGGINS (ndaway)

• 63. MOSBY'S RAIDERS (bike2112)

Votes: 53 13.1%
  • 64. Murray's Revival (srdavo)

• 65. New School (bighit)

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • 66. Nuttin Fancy (big kountry)

• 67. OBSCURED (highship)

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • 68. Old Skool Kool (oldy57)

• 69. Ole Blue (Scrapirondesigns)

• 70. Paint it Black (yeshoney)

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • 71. POCA RATA (pick)

• 72. Project Purple (kingsting)

• 73. Purple Reign (socal_jack)

• 74. QuickSilver (udallcustombikes)

• 75. Rat Klunker (FunkyStickman)

• 76. Rat Salad (streetpirate)

• 77. RHUBARB RAIDER (Gold Street Customs)

• 78. RIDGE RUNNER XXX (PeterBuilt)

• 79. Roadmaster to Roadgrader (recycledbikez2)

• 80. Rock Bottom (bebopblu)

• 81. Rock You Like a Hurricane (mitchelangelo)

• 82. rugrat ride along (jats)

• 83. Sarcasmatron (sensor)

• 84. Schwindian (Diabolical_Dork)

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 85. Seminole - The Seminole (ifitsfreeitsforme)

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 86. Shakedown (mrflagman)

• 87. SideHacked! (JoKeR63)

• 88. Simple rat (charliechaindrive)

• 89. Smokin' in The Boyz Room (EastOfEastLos)

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • 90. SOUL CATCHER (dragnusa)

• 91. Special Delivery For Autumn (hardcore73)

• 92. Speed Chief (evalu8r)

• 93. STEAM BOY (54shadow)

• 94. Strait Steal (Heavy Pedal)

• 95. Tales from the Crypt (52hawthorne)

• 96. Terrible Tiger (Illiterite Wino)

• 97. TIMBER BARON (JJBones)

• 98. Time Twister (Joker-n-Jack)

• 99. Trussworthy (Kreep)

• 100. TWENTY2 (RonK)

• 101. Typhoon (MONARKofSoCal)

• 102. Ubernaturlich (ChrisMac)

• 103. Uncle Touchy's Back Roads Bomber (aka_locojoe)

• 104. Upside Down Xcess (jerrykr)

• 105. Vulture Wing (vermodreary)

• 106. Wrap Rod (Rotton)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kreep said:
Peatbog said:
So, we can start taking the bikes back apart now?

I think we need to get "kingfish254" s opinion...
-Kreep-

HA! No way am I taking Flex-Liner 7 apart!!!!! I am gonna ride this puppy in the ground!!!!
It's too much fun!!!!

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
How do some of these bikes have 0 votes! :shock: C'mon people...share the love :mrgreen:
dont share it with me!share it with the others!!!
if id have wanted votes i wouldve chosen something more along these lines(you know cool that would appeal to the masses).
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

yeah those are what you think...a 35 schwinn b10e frame and a 36 schwinn camelback and those are all good wood rims from the 20's-30's(as well as some 24x60-80 rims and 24x3 bricks)....
but its not about the votes or who thinks your bike is cool...its about building something to enjoy and getting another bike on the road!
nothing more and nothing less.....and if youll note i left a tire on mine sdrawkcab and a valve stem cap off(on purpose so it wont fit my voting criteria!i didnt even cross my t's or dot my i's :p )

congrats to everyone who entered since youve now got a new bike to ride :mrgreen:
as for the off topic stuff....no need to apologize. if you hadfun more power to you(i just searched my posts to find my stuff when i was updating :wink: )
i didnt even bother to read most of the builds that i knew were "fluffy"....so no harm no foul! besides its as much everyones site as it is mine or yours or yours or yours or yours. do whatever you want when ever you want.
if we dont like it we can hit "ignore" or just skip the posts :wink:

tin machine said:
this is exactly the kind of stupid silly postings one right after another , that just keep coming , when will the parade of crap stop ??????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
kingfish254 said:
Terry66 said:
Then there are amazing works of engineering like Flexy.

Whoa!!!!!! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

were-not-worthy.jpg

But maybe , just maybe Flexy is ! :p :oops: :shock: 8)

I think it adds to the fun!!!! Lighten up.............

DPARTY82 said:
Before the deadline I was wishin I would've joined the build-off. Now after viewing all the beautiful bikes that were built I'm glad I didnt. Some of you builders have amazing talent and minds way out of the box that I can't even touch.
I can't wait till next year because I think I might just join! Congrats to all the rodders that entered a bike!

Dude! Can't wait to see you enter a bike next time!!!
I know you have some killer stickshifts to use on a build!!! :wink:

Don't be skittish at all! Look at my silly beer bike "BEER RUN" last year that ended up 28th and I built it in 30 days!!! That was my first build EVER!!!

Look at all of the builds in the finished and unfinished section of BO7. There is every range of every style, cost, time investment, etc .. you could imagine and then some.

I GUARANTEE YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!!

In the mean time, feed off of this amazing collective of creativity and build some build between now and then!!!! (See Fugsley to see how much fun you can have at it).

yoothgeye said:
Still on the mission trip with my group so not having time to keep up with everything just on a phone.

Your missing the fun and I bet you didn't know that Steve's cell phone gave you a new nickname..........Tooth Feet!!!!

Peatbog said:
EastOfEastLos said:
It probably wouldn't happen, but yes, it might be cool if there were different categories for the bike. I.E. : best engineering, "perdiest" bike, most creative, best representation of a rat rod, best theme, etc.... just thinking out loud, pay no nevermind to me :wink:

Hey there, EastOfEastLos, I hear ya'. It is not only hard to compare so many different styles, it is also very hard to compare what the builder had to work with. For example, in my case, when I needed something, I went to the machine shop I work at (after hours), found a piece of scrap that I could use, started up the lathe or the milling machine, and began making stuff. Not many people have a machine shop available to them so that made some things much, much easier for me. So then when I see your bike and you are doing woodworking outside on the grass and you come up with the incredible bike you have, I am pretty freaking impressed. Then you whip out some Testor's model paint and start pinstriping and lay some really cool lines on the bike, then I am double pretty freaking impressed. And then you take a really nice wood tank you just made and painted and lettered, and you start cutting it up and I'm like "Holy smokes, is this guy crazy--that tank is sweet!?" I mean even the pigeons come by to see what is up. But then the tank comes out even better and has a battery inside it. :shock: Ain't no wonder the pigeon stopped to look. So I am looking at what you have done, and it inspires me to do things like to start searching the internet to find out something about pinstriping because I'm thinking I need to try that myself. And I look at your bike and I'm thinking that is not a type of bike I have ever made and so maybe I need one, so I copy your pictures and put them in my "idea" file because your bike is cool and you have ideas I need to steal...that's right, steal.

So when I am looking at bikes to vote on, I look at what the guy has to work with too. I think that matters. (Uh oh, everyone please forget that I have a machine shop available!) And like you said, there are just way too many cool bikes on here to vote on all of them that deserve the vote.

And I spend quite a bit of time looking though build threads because it is incredible the amount of talent that is here and it is incredible the quality of work people put out and how they do it and I learn a whole heck of a lot. So no matter how many or how few votes that are cast for my bike, I won a long time ago. So did everyone else. It's like having an encyclopedia of how to build stuff sitting right here.

Wow, thanks for the extremely kind words. I did what I did in a big part because of the ideas that I also pilfered from the craftsman such as yourself and so many, many, many others here. It's just fun. The nice comments are fun. I personally didn't expect to be serious competition and that was fine with me. As we can see since before the voting even started, one bike is running away with it hands down, and deservedly so I would emphasize (I'll name no names..ahehehheammamammm...MOFAUX!!...hahemmmammmm errh). That is neat to see. I learn sooooooooooooo much from all you's. When you learn you become richer automatically, that's, to quote Mr. Sheen - aka Mr. Esteves -, WINNING!

After 576 Votes here is the top 10

1 - 69 mofaux
2 - 32 mosbys raiders
3 - 31 hex53
4 - 29 hot rod higgins
5 - 20 flex-liner 7
6 - 19 ellis speed shop schwin
7 - 16 loco cycle
8 - 14 lackluster
9 - 13 hiawhatthe
9 - 13 seminole

Hey everyone I'm new on here but my dad has been on here for a while. He isn't home tonite so an didn't know his password so I made my own profile. Next year maybe I can get in on the fun we are buildin me a new bike on weekends when he is home.

deven_science said:
Kreep said:
Nobody steal mar bars :wink: :lol:
-Kreep-

You mean the bars that you stole from me? Yeah, don't steal them...

:lol:
Yeeeaaa those ones... PM me and we should toss some ideas around about some bars.If you didn't live on the other coast Id'e say we could toss some beers back whilst talking about bars. :D
-Kreep-

To echo what everyone else so far has said... yeah that was tough!
When I started the build off I did so without the girlfriend knowing and then told her while posting the finished bike. I figured she would shake her head and say "ahh whatever" and roll her eyes. But she wanted to see what the big deal was and became interested in all the bikes. (We may have even gained a new member). So we both went through the list tonight and came up with our top tens then went through again picking each bike apart detail by detail. Amazingly we had very similiar picks and we decided on the top 3. It was tough picking apart some of these that I loved from the begining but it seems that overall so far my top 3-5 are pretty consistent with how others are voting. I did not vote for myself as I did not feel my entry was a contender against some extremely talented builders. I just wanted an excuse to build. I'm happy with what I turned out and extremely humbled by whomever has deemed me worthy enough to be in the top 3 in their book. Good luck to all. And for those that have not voted but are reading this post, go through make your list and then study each one, and you will find out alot more about the quality of builders and the thought processes they go through to turn out amazing work. Job well done to all who finished and to those that did not, GET BACK TO BUILDIN'! I wanna see these all finished.

HotRod said:
Hey everyone I'm new on here but my dad has been on here for a while. He isn't home tonite so an didn't know his password so I made my own profile. Next year maybe I can get in on the fun we are buildin me a new bike on weekends when he is home.

Welcome hotrod, you will hav a great time on here!!! :D

Just want to thank the person that voted for ROCK BOTTOM. When I last signed off I did not have any votes and was a little upset :cry: but realized that with so many other great bikes I should not expect too much from my first buildoff. But today I am very happy :lol: that I got at least one vote. That combined with all the great people on this site has me looking forward to the next one. Thanks again for the vote!!!

char said:
Funkme said:
Had taken so many photos of '67' ,that I couldnt upload all of them...
But you can view them here:
http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r57 ... r%20Build/

Cool pictures! :mrgreen: I want a go round that track. It's looks fun!

I know right !!! Maybe i should organise a rat race ??? :mrgreen:The track is almost flat... Only problem is ,I would be racing against myself,considering I am the only builder here...Have a few kids who think the bikes are hot,and want to try n build,but they have the mind spand of a headless chicken... :lol:
Maybe after winter I will have a few more projects done and sold... :D

Loved ya bike Char,but my fav was your last year entry,still :?

After 608 Votes here is the top 10

1 - 74 mofaux
2 - 33 hex53
2 - 33 mosbys raiders
4 - 32 hot rod higgins
5 - 20 ellis speed shop schwin
5 - 20 flex-liner 7
7 - 16 loco cycle
8 - 14 lackluster
9 - 13 eliminator
9 - 13 hiawhatthe
9 - 13 seminole