Please help Id a seat tube emblem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Trying to Id my winter cruiser. Threw together a cruiser for the winter, a traditional Murray built frame of the "Liner" family. She's not much to look at but she's got good fenders and gives a good ride. The brown enamel house paint that is obscuring the original paint has given away on the seat tube to reveal the above emblem. I think I've seen it before but for the life of me I can't figure out what kind brand it was sold as. Anybody got a clue for me? (please excuse the rough sketch)

Thanks Adam. Agreed, I dug a little further (google is my friend ;-) ) and am pretty sure the bike is (was) a Murray Meteor Flite. I don't have the tank or original chain guard and underneath the ugly brown house paint I suspect are only the remnants of the original paint. I was mostly curious 'cause that is a pretty cool emblem poking out from under that paint. Maybe tomorrow I"ll uncover the serial numbers and figure out a year. Thanks again, Terry

st_scan0003_zps6lhqmvrn.jpg

Latest posts

Back