Please help ID this bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might not belong here, but it's worth a shot....

I bought the trike pictured below at a swap meet yesterday. Paid $80 for it. Thought it was cool looking and it's all there. I have a two-and-a-half year old son and plan on restoring the bike for him by the time he's three.

IMG_0070.JPG

Has anyone seen a trike like this one? Any idea on the manufacturer or year(s) made?

The basket floor is rusted through in places, so I bought a trailer that attaches to a John Deere pedal tractor as a replacement for the basket (it's the perfect size). The trailer cost me only $1. Would like to find another one like it to attach to the bike as an actual trailer. However, before I replace the original basket with the JD trailer basket, I'd like to see if I can find the original basket but in better shape. Any leads or ideas??

IMG_0069.JPG

This trike has the solid rubber tires in front and back. Although in good shape, I probably would want to replace them with a new set all the way around. Are these solid rubber tires being reproduced?? If so, who has them? Lastly, is it possible to get a tire/tube set up as a replacement for the front??

Thanks for the help.

well.....there was a site online that had alot of old trike/small kids bikes and parts but unfortunately when aol closed down the hometown page there site went away and i havent been able to find any trace of a new one :x
if it helps it was team bike shop........

Thanks for the info everyone. I could have purchased the same wagon portion of the Hattick trike (the one with the fenders) at the same swap meet for $80. Never did. Now kicking myself for not buying it.

What you have is a Hettrick Pedal Wagon. Not sure of the year. My guess would be 1940's maybe.

Latest posts

Back