Possibe Huffman Built Western Flyer ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a great deal at a local thrift shop on this Western Flyer. From what I can find it appears to be a 40's Huffman built Western Flyer as it is sporting the OG WF headbadge, complete deluxe model with both fenders, guard, tank and rear rack. I have a pic here of the stamped serial number on the rear drop, would really appreciate any info on this from some of you guru's, thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 183
Definitely Huffy/Huffman built with that frame, guard, and rack.

Ahh ok, I was thinking with those prewar looking drops it was older. I'll post up a pic of the headbadge here shortly, thanks fellas.

Here is the headbadge.

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 113
Well, perhaps that badge won't be as definitive as I had hoped. I was expecting one more like that pictured below. I guess those didn't kick-in until about 1960.

badge.jpg

I still have my strong suspicions that this bike is from '56. Just don't ask me to prove it. The frame doesn't look all the different from a Radiobike--it just doesn't have all the goodies.

This is what a '56 Radiobike looks like with the tins pulled off. Does your bike's construction look that much different? Photos reveal those bikes also had rear-facing dropouts.

huffy-radio-bike-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back