Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skoda said:
As I'm picking up my first Firestone Super Cruiser tomorrow, I can hardly contain myself. None of these are my photos - I'll post some of my bike after I get it. In the meantime, show off yours!

Copyofsuperdlx.jpg

Copyofsuperdlxchrm.jpg

Chrome!!!! Droooool.

MonarkSD3.jpg

Keep 'em coming! :D

A few of those are mine. The blue 1948 Monark Super Deluxe, The Burgundy/Red 49 Super Deluxe, leaning on my fence, and the All Chrome 1953 Firsestone Imperial Cruiser pictures on the day I bought it in Manhattan Beach, Ca. I'll Post updated pics soon. but nice to see that they got up here.

Click em to make em bigger....

My 48 and Her 49 Monarks... Matched Pair.

My 48 Super Deluxe

Her 49 Deluxe

My 41 Deluxe

Custom 3 speed

My 49 Monark Super Deluxe

My 53 Firestone Imperial Cruiser

Ditto

Her 50 something... Firestone Super Cruiser (Custom 3 speed)

drabe said:
Here's one I finished recently for a buddy of mine.
This is the 'after' pics...

DSC00863.jpg

Beautiful 1952 Monark Super Deluxe... Was this the original Seafoam Green or the original Medium Green. You can tell best by inside the fender. On the CABE I have an open offer for this exact bike in near mint condition for $2500. Good Job.

lobsterboyx said:
whats that "century 200 cruiser" chain guard - thats awesome...

Edit - did you get a new tank too?!

No... Same tank... The Century 200 Cruiser was the 1955 Middle weight version of our bike.... It had skinny middle weight tires, no tanks, middle weight rack and some cheap headlight. I found this chainguard on ebay for 20 and thought I run it until I found another Firestone one or restored my original. The chain guard was the only really cool thing about that bike. When Monark was bought out by Huffy in 1957 The bike we love had been discontinued and only Middle weight Huffy's with Monark crowns were left.Whatta shame.. Oh and PM sent Danny.

Here's my "49" super deluxe and my wife's 3-spd custom, sorry for the lousy cell phone pic.s :oops:

1211101747a.jpg
securedownloadCAUS1GIG.jpg

1208101400a.jpg
1208101400a.jpg

Last edited:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
While I don't own a Monark, I am using an OEM Monark fork on my build.
I really like these bikes, nice combination of the classic looks of a Schwinn mixed with the artistic aspects of an Elgin.

I also digging the front 'Phantom-style' headlight on some of them, too cool. Anyone got one with the fender for sale? :roll: :mrgreen:

Dr. T

Doc,
Seems to me they were calling them "Train Lights" at one time.

Re: Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

RatSphinx,
That's too funny, I made that comment over 3 years ago! I sound like every bit of the newbie I was back then....hahahaha!

Thanks for the memories!

Cheers,
Dr. T

One for me, one for my wonderful wife!

100_4160_zps51c6a8d9.jpg

The boy's bike was purchased for $90 about 15/18 years ago and sat untouched in my shop for at least about half of that time. When I finally did restore it, I new then that I wanted a girls bike to match for my wife to ride also. I found this one on feeBay in terrible condition (wish I had taken a before picture) and brought it back to life. I've never been the type to choose a 'like new' restoration over a functioning 'as found' approach. It actually would have been easier the repaint it than the hours it took to carefully remove the house paint while keeping the original paint undisturbed.

Latest posts

Back