PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE SIDE CAR UPDATE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE SIDE CAR TESTING

Thank you for the idea & compliment .Conduit is auctailly my back up plan .. :D
JoKeR63 said:
You may want to use a piece of conduit for that front tube. It looks like you'll darn near need a 90 deg. at the frame attachment point to get some pedal clearance. As another PW Elgin entrant and former sidecar builder I'll say I'm diggin' this!

Heres my New Fender .. It will need some work/ trimming & a Skirt ..

DSC00249_zpse6e76b41.jpg

That side car is a perfect match ! :shock:

Looks slick!

8)

This is going to hurt..
DSC01280_zps184c4ee0.jpg

The new bar stock ..
DSC01279_zps751491db.jpg

Theres nothing better than a rolling work bench :mrgreen:
DSC01275_zps32eee994.jpg

I finally made a front bar among other things for the side car .. Its Now passenger ready ... :D
DSC01286_zpsaebce69f.jpg

I still have more to do .. :idea: :mrgreen:

If any one out there knows what model bike my handlebars where originally on I would appriciate knowing.

That's classy as heck!! I would put a small white stripe on the vents on the skirts, I would also try the brown saddle.

Thanks... If the saddle was the same color brown as the side car seat Id switch it over .. Ive been considering making the side car seat black ?? But Ill likly just leave it was it is. The side car seat was originally tweed ...
3 wheeled wolfy said:
That's classy as heck!! I would put a small white stripe on the vents on the skirts, I would also try the brown saddle.

3 wheeled wolfy said:
I'd leave the sidecar brown, maybe you can darken the lighter brown saddle.
I agree with leaving the side car seat brown .. I dont think I can get the other light brown seat dark enough to match the side car seat ( I dont want to risk trying if Im not sure I can do it correctly ) I dont want to ruin a great seat .. Also the Brown seat I have is early Post war & the Black seat on the bike came off of a Columbia about the same year as the Elgin .
Thank you for the input it is appriciated .. :D

Left turns are a bit wider than right turns .I have this set up very stable so it rides pretty smooth for what it is . The bike is also better riding down the road with some one / counter weight in the side car. Ive had two side cars . This one Ive owned for 3 years & it was basicly in lawn ornament condition attached to a 1930s Raleigh girls bike when I got it. At least the side car was brought inside durring the winter before I owned it. I did this build because I was tired of riding a girls bike & the side car need some rework after 3 years of my use so I figured it was time to make the effort to put the side car on a bike I thought looked right & is better riding .Thank you for asking .. :D
Kroozerdave said:
I like to hear the riding section.

Have you had a sidecar before or are you stilling learning it's ways?

This is such a classy and cool build! It deserves the love it's getting in the polls!
My wife loves your build by the way!!!

Latest posts

Back