PROJECT 83 HUTCH PRO RACER BMX (4/13)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROJECT 83 HUTCH PRO RACER BMX (3/20)

Thats gotta be cleaner than when it came out of the factory :shock: :shock: Very nice :D

Re: PROJECT 83 HUTCH PRO RACER BMX (3/28)

Well...except for the mangled fork decals. :?

I guess that's just history though. :D

Re: PROJECT 83 HUTCH PRO RACER BMX (3/20)

Rat Rod said:
Stick a fork in it...well, at least until Porkchop comes out with the repop Snakebellys in the Fall.

mmmhh, will that last with you until fall? :wink:

Hey Steve, every time you get one of these awesome BMX bikes and then part with it, I ask myself why. Then I just remember that no matter how many you sell, you just keep finding more and more of them. I need to find some friends in Texas to get me some of these things. :mrgreen:

But man, that came out great!

Decided to go with a set of staggered Cheng Shin Comp III skinwalls until Porkchop gets the Snakebellys in stock.

About the only thing left to do is replace the fork decals with a new set that I have...after that it is finito. :mrgreen:

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0030-2.jpg

DSC_0032-3.jpg

DSC_0033-2.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0026-2.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

Brought to you by Steve's BMX Emporium :lol:

That bike turned out really nice. It brings back memories of the 9th grade. I rode that bike all over town and then some. Lots and lots of good times on that bike and I learned how to ride a half pipe on that bike. It makes me feel kind of old when I think that this was 27 years ago. I know I am not old but I am getting there quick!!

I'm digging the BMX Emporium :mrgreen: Looks great as usual :mrgreen: Nice and minty :p

Rat Rod said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Awesome. I still like rust. I challenge you to build something like this.

Is that built? :lol:

not finished but I don't plan to touch the paint at all, just straighten the fenders, put on some accessories and ride it..

Most people would, I kinda like the patina and it's hard to replicate good patina and without the fenders it wouldn't have the same style. It's not all that hard to do AFTER you know what you're doing. A ball peen hammer and a sandbag can go a long way if used correctly. :wink:

Latest posts

Back